Batman Family Values? It wasn’t the megabucks or the cool costumes alone that persuaded Tommy Lee Jones to take the role of Harvey ”Two- Face” Dent in Batman Forever. It was his 11-year-old son, Austin. ”[When] I went to meet with Tommy to do my spiel to get him to do the role,” says director Joel Schumacher, ”I got there and Austin had a pile of Batman comics with Two-Face on top. Tommy told me he’s doing the character because it’s Austin’s favorite.” Father-son bonding aside, the character also fit the Oscar-winning actor’s main criteria for a part. Says Jones: ”I like roles that are well-written, that are part of a good business deal, and that will take me to a pretty location.” In this case, New York and L.A., beginning Sept. 21.
Posted July 22 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Woo says he won't make same epic mistake twice
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!