Batman Family Values? It wasn’t the megabucks or the cool costumes alone that persuaded Tommy Lee Jones to take the role of Harvey ”Two- Face” Dent in Batman Forever. It was his 11-year-old son, Austin. ”[When] I went to meet with Tommy to do my spiel to get him to do the role,” says director Joel Schumacher, ”I got there and Austin had a pile of Batman comics with Two-Face on top. Tommy told me he’s doing the character because it’s Austin’s favorite.” Father-son bonding aside, the character also fit the Oscar-winning actor’s main criteria for a part. Says Jones: ”I like roles that are well-written, that are part of a good business deal, and that will take me to a pretty location.” In this case, New York and L.A., beginning Sept. 21.
Posted July 22 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'