Batman Family Values? It wasn’t the megabucks or the cool costumes alone that persuaded Tommy Lee Jones to take the role of Harvey ”Two- Face” Dent in Batman Forever. It was his 11-year-old son, Austin. ”[When] I went to meet with Tommy to do my spiel to get him to do the role,” says director Joel Schumacher, ”I got there and Austin had a pile of Batman comics with Two-Face on top. Tommy told me he’s doing the character because it’s Austin’s favorite.” Father-son bonding aside, the character also fit the Oscar-winning actor’s main criteria for a part. Says Jones: ”I like roles that are well-written, that are part of a good business deal, and that will take me to a pretty location.” In this case, New York and L.A., beginning Sept. 21.
Posted July 22 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- Westworld finale: 10 unanswered questions
- Westworld: Ed Harris on those big finale twists
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big