Batman Family Values? It wasn’t the megabucks or the cool costumes alone that persuaded Tommy Lee Jones to take the role of Harvey ”Two- Face” Dent in Batman Forever. It was his 11-year-old son, Austin. ”[When] I went to meet with Tommy to do my spiel to get him to do the role,” says director Joel Schumacher, ”I got there and Austin had a pile of Batman comics with Two-Face on top. Tommy told me he’s doing the character because it’s Austin’s favorite.” Father-son bonding aside, the character also fit the Oscar-winning actor’s main criteria for a part. Says Jones: ”I like roles that are well-written, that are part of a good business deal, and that will take me to a pretty location.” In this case, New York and L.A., beginning Sept. 21.
Posted July 22 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read the heartwarming story behind one of the new droids in 'Star Wars'
- Bono on U2's return to Paris: 'Nothing will stop us from going back'
- Mark and Jay Duplass essay collection coming in 2017
- A look at the best 'Star Wars'-'Hamilton' #Force4Ham mash-ups
- Nickelodeon to air special series finale of 'Nick News With Linda Ellerbee'
- See Julianne Moore cry on cue for cash on 'Billy on the Street'
- Adele shares details about '25' outtakes