Batman Family Values? It wasn’t the megabucks or the cool costumes alone that persuaded Tommy Lee Jones to take the role of Harvey ”Two- Face” Dent in Batman Forever. It was his 11-year-old son, Austin. ”[When] I went to meet with Tommy to do my spiel to get him to do the role,” says director Joel Schumacher, ”I got there and Austin had a pile of Batman comics with Two-Face on top. Tommy told me he’s doing the character because it’s Austin’s favorite.” Father-son bonding aside, the character also fit the Oscar-winning actor’s main criteria for a part. Says Jones: ”I like roles that are well-written, that are part of a good business deal, and that will take me to a pretty location.” In this case, New York and L.A., beginning Sept. 21.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Bollywood actor jailed for killing a man in hit-and-run
- Sarah Dessen: 'Saint Anything' might be my last book for a while
- The cast of 'Bates Motel' sums up the show's plot in 30 seconds
- 'Ant-Man' poster highlights new characters
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' gets endorsement from News Corp CEO
- BBC America sets summer premiere date for 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell'
- Kellie Pickler covers Tammy Wynette's 'Stand By Your Man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!