Few musicians can boast the range of Dave Koz: He’s played sax with Arsenio Hall’s posse and has appeared twice on General Hospital. Last year, Koz, 31, and his brother, Jeff, updated the soap’s theme. ”I thought, if 10 million fans hate this, they’ll hate me and my career is over,” Koz says, laughing. In fact, ”Faces of the Heart” proved so popular that Koz released it as the latest single off his Lucky Man CD. A big soap fan since childhood, he got Emma Samms (who played Holly on GH, intermittently from 1982 to 1993) to join him in the video. Now on tour, Koz still tries to keep up with GH. ”It doesn’t matter how many times I hear it,” he says, ”when I hear the theme I think, ‘This is sooo cool.’ ”
Posted August 5 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!