Does 007 actually stand for Sean Connery’s handicap? It seems that the former secret agent is as much in demand these days for his golfing skills as he is for his acting talents. In the upcoming comedy A Good Man in Africa, Connery plays a doctor with a perfect golf stroke, not that much of a stretch for the Scottish actor. ”He was so good, we didn’t have to do any editing,” says Good Man producer Mark Tarlov. ”It was the one reason we cast him.” Connery’s links prowess has also caught Clint Eastwood’s attention. Eastwood has mentioned the actor for Golf in the Kingdom, a story about a man who stops in Scotland to play some golf and finds enlightenment. Is he worried about typecasting? Connery could not be reached for comment. Maybe he was on the green.
Posted August 5 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' cast reveals the players they are surprised got voted in
- Why Kim Dickens almost turned down 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith talk about renting porn in new book excerpt
- 5 Seconds of Summer explain how Third Eye Blind influenced their new album
- Conan reads late-night texts from Adam Sandler
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts 'The Martian' promo
- 6 new things we know about Janet Jackson's 'Unbreakable'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!