Forget Monday night at Morton’s. The best place to spot Hollywood’s hotshots is on the ice. Specifically, the San Fernando Valley’s Iceoplex, where Keanu Reeves, Mike Myers, Denis Leary, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, and Columbia VP Barry Josephson, among many others, have been convening for weekly hockey games. ”It’s a great workout and a fun night out,” says Josephson. ”It’s also a good place to cut a deal.” Adds producer Andrew Form: ”My project (the upcoming Gatorface) was put together on the bench.” Despite all the moving and shaking, however, there’s one celeb who sees a certain irony in the locale. ”It’s weird,” says Reeves, the team’s goalie. ”[We’re playing] hockey in the desert!”
Posted August 5 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Vicious Brothers to direct script by writer of 'You're Next,' 'The Guest'
- Check out behind-the-scenes footage from 'Bad Blood' music video
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- TIFF announces all-star lineup for 2015
- Michael Jackson's white glove is up for auction for $20,000
- How one comic book is tackling female sexuality in totally new ways
- Director Jon Watts on how 'Cop Car' helped him land 'Spider-Man'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!