While the poker simulation Cowboy Casino has more bells and whistles than the competition — including sardonic interjections from live-action opponents — it can’t escape the genre’s main failing: You can never tell if the computer is dealing straight. This is fine if all you want to do is learn how to play the game, but experienced hands will find it unnerving to get four fifths of the way through a diamond flush, only to be busted by a 10 of clubs. B-
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages
- Anne Hathaway is pregnant
- New look at 'Batman v Superman' will debut during 'Gotham' fall finale