Food isn’t just a metaphor for love in Eat Drink Man Woman, Ang Lee’s bighearted comedy about the conflicts of family ties and individual desires; food is also food, meant to be tasted, savored, and shared. And there’s plenty of it, exquisitely cooked and presented in this generous story (set and shot in Taiwan) from the writer-director of The Wedding Banquet. Sihung Lung (Banquet) plays widowed master chef Mr. Chu, who is losing his sense of taste while his three daughters are developing sexual appetites of their own. The personalities in this well-drawn family combine to produce subtle new flavors — and in the end, no one is spiced as you’d imagined they’d be. A-
Eat Drink Man WomanFood isn't just a metaphor for love in Eat Drink Man Woman, Ang Lee's bighearted comedy about the conflicts of family ties and...Eat Drink Man WomanForeign Language, ComedyAng LeeUnratedFood isn't just a metaphor for love in Eat Drink Man Woman, Ang Lee's bighearted comedy about the conflicts of family ties and...1994-08-12
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Sihung Lung; Director: Ang Lee; Author: Ang Lee; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- A few theories on who Caity Lotz will play on the 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Horror director Adam Green on his new web series, 'Scary Sleepover'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!