Food isn’t just a metaphor for love in Eat Drink Man Woman, Ang Lee’s bighearted comedy about the conflicts of family ties and individual desires; food is also food, meant to be tasted, savored, and shared. And there’s plenty of it, exquisitely cooked and presented in this generous story (set and shot in Taiwan) from the writer-director of The Wedding Banquet. Sihung Lung (Banquet) plays widowed master chef Mr. Chu, who is losing his sense of taste while his three daughters are developing sexual appetites of their own. The personalities in this well-drawn family combine to produce subtle new flavors — and in the end, no one is spiced as you’d imagined they’d be. A-
Eat Drink Man WomanFood isn't just a metaphor for love in Eat Drink Man Woman, Ang Lee's bighearted comedy about the conflicts of family ties and...Eat Drink Man WomanForeign Language, ComedyAng LeeUnratedFood isn't just a metaphor for love in Eat Drink Man Woman, Ang Lee's bighearted comedy about the conflicts of family ties and...1994-08-12
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Sihung Lung; Director: Ang Lee; Author: Ang Lee; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will metal detectors keep our movie theaters safe?
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- 'Hollywood Teen Medium' is an actual new TV show
- Gregg Sulkin brings all the boys to his yard on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Protestors chant Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ in support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Ask the Critic: Overlooked 2015 gems and the movies I wish I could review again
- Trevor Noah says his The Daily Show will focus less on Fox News
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!