Fabio has been called many things: model, actor, superstud, and romance writer. Now you can add hurricane to that list. Well, almost. The gales of Tropical Depression Fabio were all set to hit the coast of Hawaii on the weekend of July 22, when the wind dropped and it was downgraded to a mere tropical storm. The original Fabio, however, wasn’t disappointed by the demotion. ”I don’t want to destroy the world,” he says emphatically. ”I love the world — especially Hawaii. It’s very beautiful and very spiritual.” But according to The Weather Channel’s hurricane specialist, John Hope, ”Fabio” will be back. ”The name will be used again,” says Hope. ”It just wasn’t enough of a storm this time.”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!