Fabio has been called many things: model, actor, superstud, and romance writer. Now you can add hurricane to that list. Well, almost. The gales of Tropical Depression Fabio were all set to hit the coast of Hawaii on the weekend of July 22, when the wind dropped and it was downgraded to a mere tropical storm. The original Fabio, however, wasn’t disappointed by the demotion. ”I don’t want to destroy the world,” he says emphatically. ”I love the world — especially Hawaii. It’s very beautiful and very spiritual.” But according to The Weather Channel’s hurricane specialist, John Hope, ”Fabio” will be back. ”The name will be used again,” says Hope. ”It just wasn’t enough of a storm this time.”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!