Fabio has been called many things: model, actor, superstud, and romance writer. Now you can add hurricane to that list. Well, almost. The gales of Tropical Depression Fabio were all set to hit the coast of Hawaii on the weekend of July 22, when the wind dropped and it was downgraded to a mere tropical storm. The original Fabio, however, wasn’t disappointed by the demotion. ”I don’t want to destroy the world,” he says emphatically. ”I love the world — especially Hawaii. It’s very beautiful and very spiritual.” But according to The Weather Channel’s hurricane specialist, John Hope, ”Fabio” will be back. ”The name will be used again,” says Hope. ”It just wasn’t enough of a storm this time.”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July boxoffice no picnic for Hollywood
- Michael Fassbender is the Dude for upcoming 'Big Lebowski' live read in Montreal
- ESPN pulls golf tourney off Trump course
- Jerry Weintraub, veteran Hollywood producer, dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said in '05 deposition he acquired drugs to give women for sex
- Exclusive 'Royal Pains' clip: Hank is suspicious of Evan and Boris
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!