When it comes to daytime drama, Gloria Loring would rather be heard than seen. On CBS’ Guiding Light, that’s Loring’s voice crooning Mindy’s new theme, ”Is There Anybody Out There?,” which is also the title track of her latest album. No stranger to TV tunes, Loring, 47, has sung the themes for such shows as The Facts of Life (cowritten with ex-husband Alan Thicke) and Diff’rent Strokes. Yet soap fans may know her best for her 1980-86 stint as Liz Chandler on Days of Our Lives. Though she misses acting, she doesn’t miss the soaps’ crank-it-out pace. ”At the time I left, I was really tired of pushing the drama,” Loring says. ”Especially during the ratings [weeks]. In six and a half years I was shot twice, mugged, had amnesia, shot my boyfriend’s fiancee, had my child kidnapped, was kidnapped by my father-in-law…. But of course, [Liz] always had time to sing!”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series': First Look
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!