When it comes to daytime drama, Gloria Loring would rather be heard than seen. On CBS’ Guiding Light, that’s Loring’s voice crooning Mindy’s new theme, ”Is There Anybody Out There?,” which is also the title track of her latest album. No stranger to TV tunes, Loring, 47, has sung the themes for such shows as The Facts of Life (cowritten with ex-husband Alan Thicke) and Diff’rent Strokes. Yet soap fans may know her best for her 1980-86 stint as Liz Chandler on Days of Our Lives. Though she misses acting, she doesn’t miss the soaps’ crank-it-out pace. ”At the time I left, I was really tired of pushing the drama,” Loring says. ”Especially during the ratings [weeks]. In six and a half years I was shot twice, mugged, had amnesia, shot my boyfriend’s fiancee, had my child kidnapped, was kidnapped by my father-in-law…. But of course, [Liz] always had time to sing!”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from psychological thriller 'The Ones Below'
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star reveals new 'Star Wars' film details
- New 'TMNT: Out of the Shadows' trailer offers turtle refresher course
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington had to tell cast he was leaving
- Molly Ringwald, Meredith Vieira, and more join 'Odd Mom Out' season 2
- Kanye West says he'll tour in September
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, 'Hamilton' cast react to Tony nominations
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast