If Leonardo da Vinci were alive to travel the info superhighway, he’d probably be flashing his brights to pass. Leonardo the Inventor, a stunning tribute to the original Renaissance man, focuses on the creator of the flying machine as well as the artist who painted the Mona Lisa. Thanks to first-class narration that places his ideas (such as scuba diving) in their historical context, delicious graphics, and video clips of his inventions in use today, you’ll be happy to overlook the package’s gimmicky 3-D animation and throwaway games. A-
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters