If Leonardo da Vinci were alive to travel the info superhighway, he’d probably be flashing his brights to pass. Leonardo the Inventor, a stunning tribute to the original Renaissance man, focuses on the creator of the flying machine as well as the artist who painted the Mona Lisa. Thanks to first-class narration that places his ideas (such as scuba diving) in their historical context, delicious graphics, and video clips of his inventions in use today, you’ll be happy to overlook the package’s gimmicky 3-D animation and throwaway games. A-
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten talks nude scenes, the Red Woman's agenda (spoiler-free)
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling apologizes to fans for a 'Harry Potter' character's death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!