For the upcoming Star Trek: Generations (due this fall) Marina Sirtis was delighted to find out that her character, empath Deanna Troi, gets to pilot the Enterprise. But she wasn’t thrilled with how the scene played during filming. The sequence began with an on-set explosion, followed by Sirtis sitting down to guide the ship. But ”the explosion left embers on the seat,” says Sirtis. ”I sat down and it set my bottom on fire. There I was, hopping up and down, going ‘Ow! Ow! Ow!”’ Fortunately, Sirtis was unharmed, but the accident left some emotional scars. ”On the next take, I went over to the chair, and in what [was supposed to be] a life-or-death situation, I stopped and wiped down the seat,” says Sirtis. ”It gave [the crew] a good laugh.”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!