For the upcoming Star Trek: Generations (due this fall) Marina Sirtis was delighted to find out that her character, empath Deanna Troi, gets to pilot the Enterprise. But she wasn’t thrilled with how the scene played during filming. The sequence began with an on-set explosion, followed by Sirtis sitting down to guide the ship. But ”the explosion left embers on the seat,” says Sirtis. ”I sat down and it set my bottom on fire. There I was, hopping up and down, going ‘Ow! Ow! Ow!”’ Fortunately, Sirtis was unharmed, but the accident left some emotional scars. ”On the next take, I went over to the chair, and in what [was supposed to be] a life-or-death situation, I stopped and wiped down the seat,” says Sirtis. ”It gave [the crew] a good laugh.”
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars Scott Foley & Joshua Malina talk 'Buckle Up'
- Watch Eric Church's poignant new music video for 'Record Year'
- The 10 most peak Drake lyrics on ‘Views'
- Silentó teases final 'Let's Dance' tour dates
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' features a cameo by Dazzler... and Taylor Swift?
- An oral history of 'The Wire' is coming in book form
- '12 Monkeys' sneak peek: Cole and Railly hunt Messengers in the past
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch