Being in a major motion picture has its perks. At least according to 9-year-old Sam Saletta, who plays Butch in The Little Rascals, which opens this month. For one thing, you get to meet celebrities, like Daryl Hannah, who plays teacher Miss Crabtree. (“She was just too pretty,” says Sam.) For another, there’s all the networking. When real estate mogul Donald Trump — who has a cameo as the father of one of the Rascals — was on the set, “A lot of kids wanted his autograph,” says Sam, “but I asked him about investments.” His advice? “All he said was ‘Real estate, kid. Think real estate.’” Um…what ever happened to “plastics”?
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'MacGyver' reboot crushes 'Exorcist' revival in ratings
- Terrence Malick to make rare public appearance
- Bill Nunn, 'Do the Right Thing' and 'Sister Act' Actor, Dies at 62
- See Grace Gummer as young Nora Ephron in first 'Good Girls Revolt' trailer
- Will Forte spoofs Gregg Allman as Gregg Almond on 'Tonight Show'
- Bill Maher calls out Donald Trump, victims of ‘bad police training’
- Harley Quinn and Joker go 'Fifty Shades of Grey' in mashup video