Being in a major motion picture has its perks. At least according to 9-year-old Sam Saletta, who plays Butch in The Little Rascals, which opens this month. For one thing, you get to meet celebrities, like Daryl Hannah, who plays teacher Miss Crabtree. (“She was just too pretty,” says Sam.) For another, there’s all the networking. When real estate mogul Donald Trump — who has a cameo as the father of one of the Rascals — was on the set, “A lot of kids wanted his autograph,” says Sam, “but I asked him about investments.” His advice? “All he said was ‘Real estate, kid. Think real estate.’” Um…what ever happened to “plastics”?
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room
- Blood, Next, Heaven, and more ambiguous film titles that confuse Google