Being in a major motion picture has its perks. At least according to 9-year-old Sam Saletta, who plays Butch in The Little Rascals, which opens this month. For one thing, you get to meet celebrities, like Daryl Hannah, who plays teacher Miss Crabtree. (“She was just too pretty,” says Sam.) For another, there’s all the networking. When real estate mogul Donald Trump — who has a cameo as the father of one of the Rascals — was on the set, “A lot of kids wanted his autograph,” says Sam, “but I asked him about investments.” His advice? “All he said was ‘Real estate, kid. Think real estate.’” Um…what ever happened to “plastics”?
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Thrones' actor on new show: 'We don't need dragons. We got cocaine!'
- David Spade: 'Fameless' isn't mean-spirited — the contestants are too 'thirsty'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp': On the set of the prequel
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!