Being in a major motion picture has its perks. At least according to 9-year-old Sam Saletta, who plays Butch in The Little Rascals, which opens this month. For one thing, you get to meet celebrities, like Daryl Hannah, who plays teacher Miss Crabtree. (“She was just too pretty,” says Sam.) For another, there’s all the networking. When real estate mogul Donald Trump — who has a cameo as the father of one of the Rascals — was on the set, “A lot of kids wanted his autograph,” says Sam, “but I asked him about investments.” His advice? “All he said was ‘Real estate, kid. Think real estate.’” Um…what ever happened to “plastics”?
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!