Such Benny Goodman classics as ”King Porter Stomp” were actually cover versions of numbers previously recorded by bandleader Fletcher Henderson, whose career was stunted, in part, by racism. The originals are here on A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher Henderson Story, Thesaurus of Classic Jazz, along with other pace-setting sides from the ’20s and ’30s. A must for anyone interested in the evolution of big-band jazz. A-
A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher Henderson Such Benny Goodman classics as ''King Porter Stomp'' were actually cover versions of numbers previously recorded by bandleader Fletcher Henderson,...A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher HendersonJazz Such Benny Goodman classics as ''King Porter Stomp'' were actually cover versions of numbers previously recorded by bandleader Fletcher Henderson,...1994-08-12
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Fletcher Henderson; Producer (group): Columbia/Legacy
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!