Such Benny Goodman classics as ”King Porter Stomp” were actually cover versions of numbers previously recorded by bandleader Fletcher Henderson, whose career was stunted, in part, by racism. The originals are here on A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher Henderson Story, Thesaurus of Classic Jazz, along with other pace-setting sides from the ’20s and ’30s. A must for anyone interested in the evolution of big-band jazz. A-
A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher Henderson Such Benny Goodman classics as ''King Porter Stomp'' were actually cover versions of numbers previously recorded by bandleader Fletcher Henderson,...A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher HendersonJazz Such Benny Goodman classics as ''King Porter Stomp'' were actually cover versions of numbers previously recorded by bandleader Fletcher Henderson,...1994-08-12
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Fletcher Henderson; Producer (group): Columbia/Legacy
Posted August 12 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Exclusive: Catch up on 'Rectify' with a 'Serial'-inspired podcast
- Let's rewatch the eerie first trailer for Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'
- U2 releases trailer for short film starring Woody Harrelson
- Mignolaverse and 'Hellboy' welcome iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!