Jean-Claude Van Damme is at it again — emulating Arnold, that is. Like Schwarzenegger, who starred in the video for Guns N’ Roses’ Terminator 2 hit, ”You Could Be Mine,” the Muscles from Brussels has hooked up with a cool band of his very own. The Smithereens’ clip for ”Time Won’t Let Me,” a 1966 Outsiders’ classic the power popsters covered for the bare-chested Belgian’s upcoming adventure film, Time Cop, features Van Damme as a time machine operator who whisks the New Jersey group’s members through history. Says Smithereens frontman/guitarist Pat DiNizio: ”I was always a sucker for the action genre. In fact, I bought Hard Target on laserdisc.” Van Damme, clueless about his costars before they met, was nonetheless charmed, if typically voluble: ”They’re nice, funny guys.” Expect to see the video on MTV in the next month.
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'