Jean-Claude Van Damme is at it again — emulating Arnold, that is. Like Schwarzenegger, who starred in the video for Guns N’ Roses’ Terminator 2 hit, ”You Could Be Mine,” the Muscles from Brussels has hooked up with a cool band of his very own. The Smithereens’ clip for ”Time Won’t Let Me,” a 1966 Outsiders’ classic the power popsters covered for the bare-chested Belgian’s upcoming adventure film, Time Cop, features Van Damme as a time machine operator who whisks the New Jersey group’s members through history. Says Smithereens frontman/guitarist Pat DiNizio: ”I was always a sucker for the action genre. In fact, I bought Hard Target on laserdisc.” Van Damme, clueless about his costars before they met, was nonetheless charmed, if typically voluble: ”They’re nice, funny guys.” Expect to see the video on MTV in the next month.
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode