Jean-Claude Van Damme is at it again — emulating Arnold, that is. Like Schwarzenegger, who starred in the video for Guns N’ Roses’ Terminator 2 hit, ”You Could Be Mine,” the Muscles from Brussels has hooked up with a cool band of his very own. The Smithereens’ clip for ”Time Won’t Let Me,” a 1966 Outsiders’ classic the power popsters covered for the bare-chested Belgian’s upcoming adventure film, Time Cop, features Van Damme as a time machine operator who whisks the New Jersey group’s members through history. Says Smithereens frontman/guitarist Pat DiNizio: ”I was always a sucker for the action genre. In fact, I bought Hard Target on laserdisc.” Van Damme, clueless about his costars before they met, was nonetheless charmed, if typically voluble: ”They’re nice, funny guys.” Expect to see the video on MTV in the next month.
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fox News: Why isn't media scrutinizing how Josh Duggar's police file got leaked?
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Miss Congeniality winner Katya speaks!
- Clint Eastwood to direct Capt. 'Sully' biopic
- 'Batman Arkham Knight' trailer teases playable Harley Quinn
- 'Zombeavers' director tackles horror-movie tropes with phony preview for 'The Drone'
- David 'Bitch Waffle' Spade stars in new 'Joe Dirt 2' trailer: Watch
- Bethesda teases return of 'Fallout'
Stormtrooper snow angels? Superhero graffiti war? Daniel Picard's 'Figure Fantasy' photos play with pop culture