Jean-Claude Van Damme is at it again — emulating Arnold, that is. Like Schwarzenegger, who starred in the video for Guns N’ Roses’ Terminator 2 hit, ”You Could Be Mine,” the Muscles from Brussels has hooked up with a cool band of his very own. The Smithereens’ clip for ”Time Won’t Let Me,” a 1966 Outsiders’ classic the power popsters covered for the bare-chested Belgian’s upcoming adventure film, Time Cop, features Van Damme as a time machine operator who whisks the New Jersey group’s members through history. Says Smithereens frontman/guitarist Pat DiNizio: ”I was always a sucker for the action genre. In fact, I bought Hard Target on laserdisc.” Van Damme, clueless about his costars before they met, was nonetheless charmed, if typically voluble: ”They’re nice, funny guys.” Expect to see the video on MTV in the next month.
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!