Jean-Claude Van Damme is at it again — emulating Arnold, that is. Like Schwarzenegger, who starred in the video for Guns N’ Roses’ Terminator 2 hit, ”You Could Be Mine,” the Muscles from Brussels has hooked up with a cool band of his very own. The Smithereens’ clip for ”Time Won’t Let Me,” a 1966 Outsiders’ classic the power popsters covered for the bare-chested Belgian’s upcoming adventure film, Time Cop, features Van Damme as a time machine operator who whisks the New Jersey group’s members through history. Says Smithereens frontman/guitarist Pat DiNizio: ”I was always a sucker for the action genre. In fact, I bought Hard Target on laserdisc.” Van Damme, clueless about his costars before they met, was nonetheless charmed, if typically voluble: ”They’re nice, funny guys.” Expect to see the video on MTV in the next month.
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!