At first Richard Burgi wasn’t thrilled to be working with one of Charlie’s Angels. ”Frankly, I was negative about it,” recalls Burgi, 36, who costars with Cheryl Ladd on CBS’ One West Waikiki. ”I wasn’t one of those masturbatory youths transformed by her.” But as a veteran of four soaps (most notably Another World, playing creepy pimp Chad from 1986-87), Burgi was in no position to lord it over Ladd. ”I thought, ‘Give her a chance.’ It’s like people dismiss me ‘cause I was on daytime. Cheryl has great energy and integrity, so I’m grateful I got over my superiority thing.” If One West returns after the summer, Burgi, an ex-construction worker from New Jersey (who also played a pediatrician eyed by Elaine on Seinfeld last season), would be happy to hang in Hawaii: ”There are worse places — I’m not in Sarajevo!”
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie