At first Richard Burgi wasn’t thrilled to be working with one of Charlie’s Angels. ”Frankly, I was negative about it,” recalls Burgi, 36, who costars with Cheryl Ladd on CBS’ One West Waikiki. ”I wasn’t one of those masturbatory youths transformed by her.” But as a veteran of four soaps (most notably Another World, playing creepy pimp Chad from 1986-87), Burgi was in no position to lord it over Ladd. ”I thought, ‘Give her a chance.’ It’s like people dismiss me ‘cause I was on daytime. Cheryl has great energy and integrity, so I’m grateful I got over my superiority thing.” If One West returns after the summer, Burgi, an ex-construction worker from New Jersey (who also played a pediatrician eyed by Elaine on Seinfeld last season), would be happy to hang in Hawaii: ”There are worse places — I’m not in Sarajevo!”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save
- Jim Norton backs Trevor Noah: TIME essay
- Producer Jason Blum talks about the new Joel Edgerton-Jason Bateman thriller 'The Gift'
- See all the names Kurt Cobain considered for Nirvana