At first Richard Burgi wasn’t thrilled to be working with one of Charlie’s Angels. ”Frankly, I was negative about it,” recalls Burgi, 36, who costars with Cheryl Ladd on CBS’ One West Waikiki. ”I wasn’t one of those masturbatory youths transformed by her.” But as a veteran of four soaps (most notably Another World, playing creepy pimp Chad from 1986-87), Burgi was in no position to lord it over Ladd. ”I thought, ‘Give her a chance.’ It’s like people dismiss me ‘cause I was on daytime. Cheryl has great energy and integrity, so I’m grateful I got over my superiority thing.” If One West returns after the summer, Burgi, an ex-construction worker from New Jersey (who also played a pediatrician eyed by Elaine on Seinfeld last season), would be happy to hang in Hawaii: ”There are worse places — I’m not in Sarajevo!”
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!