After playing 16 shows in six cities and earning $49.7 million, Barbra Streisand may have finished her tour, but the second phase of her musical juggernaut is just beginning. Barbra Streisand: The Concert debuts Aug. 21 on HBO. Of course, she is overseeing the two-hour special, which features footage from the star-studded finale in Anaheim, Calif. ”Barbra wants to make it the most satisfying experience for the viewer,” says her spokesman. According to a source close to the production, that includes changing the tint of her lipstick in print ads. The diva also plans to release a CD in September and a tour documentary directed by guess who. As the spokesman says: ”This tour will continue to have many, many, many lives.”
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake