After playing 16 shows in six cities and earning $49.7 million, Barbra Streisand may have finished her tour, but the second phase of her musical juggernaut is just beginning. Barbra Streisand: The Concert debuts Aug. 21 on HBO. Of course, she is overseeing the two-hour special, which features footage from the star-studded finale in Anaheim, Calif. ”Barbra wants to make it the most satisfying experience for the viewer,” says her spokesman. According to a source close to the production, that includes changing the tint of her lipstick in print ads. The diva also plans to release a CD in September and a tour documentary directed by guess who. As the spokesman says: ”This tour will continue to have many, many, many lives.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!