After playing 16 shows in six cities and earning $49.7 million, Barbra Streisand may have finished her tour, but the second phase of her musical juggernaut is just beginning. Barbra Streisand: The Concert debuts Aug. 21 on HBO. Of course, she is overseeing the two-hour special, which features footage from the star-studded finale in Anaheim, Calif. ”Barbra wants to make it the most satisfying experience for the viewer,” says her spokesman. According to a source close to the production, that includes changing the tint of her lipstick in print ads. The diva also plans to release a CD in September and a tour documentary directed by guess who. As the spokesman says: ”This tour will continue to have many, many, many lives.”
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!