After playing 16 shows in six cities and earning $49.7 million, Barbra Streisand may have finished her tour, but the second phase of her musical juggernaut is just beginning. Barbra Streisand: The Concert debuts Aug. 21 on HBO. Of course, she is overseeing the two-hour special, which features footage from the star-studded finale in Anaheim, Calif. ”Barbra wants to make it the most satisfying experience for the viewer,” says her spokesman. According to a source close to the production, that includes changing the tint of her lipstick in print ads. The diva also plans to release a CD in September and a tour documentary directed by guess who. As the spokesman says: ”This tour will continue to have many, many, many lives.”
Posted August 19 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant