Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski’s tricolor trilogy (inspired by the colors of the French flag), Blue explores the liberte that results when the young widow (Binoche) of a famous composer tries to start her life from scratch. It’s refreshing to see an art-house movie these days that’s not scared to be arty, but the pleasures of meditative pacing, pellucid camerawork, and elliptical story lines can turn to somnolence. If you’re in the right blue mood, the movie may seem like a kindred spirit. If you’re in the wrong mood, you may laugh yourself silly. B- -TB
Blue Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...BlueForeign Language, Drama Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...1994-08-26
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent; Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!