Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski’s tricolor trilogy (inspired by the colors of the French flag), Blue explores the liberte that results when the young widow (Binoche) of a famous composer tries to start her life from scratch. It’s refreshing to see an art-house movie these days that’s not scared to be arty, but the pleasures of meditative pacing, pellucid camerawork, and elliptical story lines can turn to somnolence. If you’re in the right blue mood, the movie may seem like a kindred spirit. If you’re in the wrong mood, you may laugh yourself silly. B- -TB
Blue Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...BlueForeign Language, Drama Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...1994-08-26
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent; Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters