Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski’s tricolor trilogy (inspired by the colors of the French flag), Blue explores the liberte that results when the young widow (Binoche) of a famous composer tries to start her life from scratch. It’s refreshing to see an art-house movie these days that’s not scared to be arty, but the pleasures of meditative pacing, pellucid camerawork, and elliptical story lines can turn to somnolence. If you’re in the right blue mood, the movie may seem like a kindred spirit. If you’re in the wrong mood, you may laugh yourself silly. B- -TB
Blue Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...BlueForeign Language, Drama Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...1994-08-26
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent; Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!