Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski’s tricolor trilogy (inspired by the colors of the French flag), Blue explores the liberte that results when the young widow (Binoche) of a famous composer tries to start her life from scratch. It’s refreshing to see an art-house movie these days that’s not scared to be arty, but the pleasures of meditative pacing, pellucid camerawork, and elliptical story lines can turn to somnolence. If you’re in the right blue mood, the movie may seem like a kindred spirit. If you’re in the wrong mood, you may laugh yourself silly. B- -TB
Blue Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...BlueForeign Language, Drama Blue Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent (1994, Touchstone, R, priced for rental) The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski's tricolor...1994-08-26
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Benoit Regent; Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.
- Hear Adele's '25' as a four-minute mash-up because you deserve it
- Chris Martin debuts new Coldplay track 'Everglow,' feat. Gwyneth Paltrow
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'