It’s like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who’s so wise and earthy and good that we start feeling virtuous the moment she shows up. It’s the early ’60s, and Goldberg’s Corrina Washington is hired by the newly widowed Manny Singer (Ray Liotta) to take care of his 7-year-old daughter (Tina Majorino). Goldberg and Liotta are very sweet together; they make the movie watchable. Yet their tenderness is curiously asexual, perhaps because the script never gives them a chance to achieve a true intimacy. C
Corrina, Corrina It's like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who's so wise and earthy and good that we...Corrina, Corrina It's like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who's so wise and earthy and good that we...1994-08-26Joan CusackTina MajorinoLarry Miller
Starring: Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Liotta; Starring: Joan Cusack, Tina Majorino, Larry Miller; Director: Jessie Nelson
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!