It’s like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who’s so wise and earthy and good that we start feeling virtuous the moment she shows up. It’s the early ’60s, and Goldberg’s Corrina Washington is hired by the newly widowed Manny Singer (Ray Liotta) to take care of his 7-year-old daughter (Tina Majorino). Goldberg and Liotta are very sweet together; they make the movie watchable. Yet their tenderness is curiously asexual, perhaps because the script never gives them a chance to achieve a true intimacy. C
Corrina, Corrina It's like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who's so wise and earthy and good that we...Corrina, Corrina It's like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who's so wise and earthy and good that we...1994-08-26Joan CusackTina MajorinoLarry Miller
Starring: Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Liotta; Starring: Joan Cusack, Tina Majorino, Larry Miller; Director: Jessie Nelson
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!