It’s like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who’s so wise and earthy and good that we start feeling virtuous the moment she shows up. It’s the early ’60s, and Goldberg’s Corrina Washington is hired by the newly widowed Manny Singer (Ray Liotta) to take care of his 7-year-old daughter (Tina Majorino). Goldberg and Liotta are very sweet together; they make the movie watchable. Yet their tenderness is curiously asexual, perhaps because the script never gives them a chance to achieve a true intimacy. C
Corrina, Corrina It's like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who's so wise and earthy and good that we...Corrina, Corrina It's like The Sound of Music remade as an AT&T commercial. Whoopi Goldberg plays a housekeeper-nanny who's so wise and earthy and good that we...1994-08-26Joan CusackTina MajorinoLarry Miller
Starring: Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Liotta; Starring: Joan Cusack, Tina Majorino, Larry Miller; Director: Jessie Nelson
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!