Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings will accept Debt of Honor as payment in full. Clancy’s latest novel traces the financial, political, military, and personal machinations that drive America into the next major global war-with hero Jack Ryan, of course, squarely in the middle of it all. Along the way, Clancy sets the stage for what’s certain to be an even more ambitious sequel about Ryan. But first luxuriate in these 766 satisfying pages of adventure: bite-size slices of conflict that speed from a renegade attempt to avenge Japan’s WWII losses (the book opens with, ”…it would seem an odd way to start a war”), to a Wall Street collapse that will send you scurrying to bury your money in the backyard, and on to a shocker climax so plausible you’ll wonder why it hasn’t yet happened. A -D.A. Ball
Debt of Honor Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings...Debt of HonorFiction, Mystery and ThrillerTom Clancy Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings...1994-08-26
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Tom Clancy
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dubsmash Wars: Clark Gregg already has a video planned for the losing team
- EW Fest lineup includes Tina Fey, Aziz Ansari, 'X-Files' team, Ryan Murphy & more
- How Shaq became a children's book author with 'Little Shaq'
- Cassandra Clare reveals cover for new Shadowhunters novel 'Lady Midnight'
- Billy Eichner is back on 'Bob's Burgers' as loud librarian Mr. Ambrose
- Brie Larson to replace Jennifer Lawrence in 'Glass Castle' adaptation
- Diane Keaton and John Goodman struggle through Christmas in 'Love the Coopers' trailer