Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings will accept Debt of Honor as payment in full. Clancy’s latest novel traces the financial, political, military, and personal machinations that drive America into the next major global war-with hero Jack Ryan, of course, squarely in the middle of it all. Along the way, Clancy sets the stage for what’s certain to be an even more ambitious sequel about Ryan. But first luxuriate in these 766 satisfying pages of adventure: bite-size slices of conflict that speed from a renegade attempt to avenge Japan’s WWII losses (the book opens with, ”…it would seem an odd way to start a war”), to a Wall Street collapse that will send you scurrying to bury your money in the backyard, and on to a shocker climax so plausible you’ll wonder why it hasn’t yet happened. A -D.A. Ball
Debt of Honor Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings...Debt of HonorFiction, Mystery and ThrillerTom Clancy Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings...1994-08-26
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Tom Clancy
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!