Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings will accept Debt of Honor as payment in full. Clancy’s latest novel traces the financial, political, military, and personal machinations that drive America into the next major global war-with hero Jack Ryan, of course, squarely in the middle of it all. Along the way, Clancy sets the stage for what’s certain to be an even more ambitious sequel about Ryan. But first luxuriate in these 766 satisfying pages of adventure: bite-size slices of conflict that speed from a renegade attempt to avenge Japan’s WWII losses (the book opens with, ”…it would seem an odd way to start a war”), to a Wall Street collapse that will send you scurrying to bury your money in the backyard, and on to a shocker climax so plausible you’ll wonder why it hasn’t yet happened. A -D.A. Ball
Debt of Honor Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings...Debt of HonorFiction, Mystery and ThrillerTom Clancy Debt of Honor Tom Clancy (Putnam, $25.95) Clancy fans who complain that he owes them better than his recent offerings...1994-08-26
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Tom Clancy
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3