In an opulent French epic based on the Alexandre Dumas novel, Isabelle Adjani assumes the throne as the Catholic Queen Margot and tries to avert religious warfare by marrying a Protestant in 16th-century France. A young mother fights to reunite with her children after fleeing an abusive relationship in the British import Ladybird, Ladybird. Gerard Depardieu reclaims his past as Colonel Chabert, a soldier returning to France after the Napoleonic wars. Christopher Lambert and Mario Van Peebles fight a futuristic rematch in Highlander III: The Sorcerer. Tom & Viv portrays the disastrous marriage of T.S. Eliot (Willem Dafoe) and Vivienne Haigh-Wood (Miranda Richardson, left). After one hit album and a recent follow-up, professional phone pranksters Kamal and Johnny B. unmask themselves in the feature-length caper The Jerky Boys.
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!