In an opulent French epic based on the Alexandre Dumas novel, Isabelle Adjani assumes the throne as the Catholic Queen Margot and tries to avert religious warfare by marrying a Protestant in 16th-century France. A young mother fights to reunite with her children after fleeing an abusive relationship in the British import Ladybird, Ladybird. Gerard Depardieu reclaims his past as Colonel Chabert, a soldier returning to France after the Napoleonic wars. Christopher Lambert and Mario Van Peebles fight a futuristic rematch in Highlander III: The Sorcerer. Tom & Viv portrays the disastrous marriage of T.S. Eliot (Willem Dafoe) and Vivienne Haigh-Wood (Miranda Richardson, left). After one hit album and a recent follow-up, professional phone pranksters Kamal and Johnny B. unmask themselves in the feature-length caper The Jerky Boys.
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'