Forget Luscious Jackson’s connection to the Beastie Boys. Though the female foursome is signed to Mike D.’s Grand Royal label, and one member is a former Beastie girl (she played drums with the group), LJ’s full-length debut doesn’t aimlessly jump genres like the Beasties’ recent albums have. Natural Ingredients’ low-budget sound is impossible to peg — think funk, punk, jazz, pop, disco, and hip-hop — but is so nicely balanced that, unlike the Beasties, the group never seems indecisive or schizophrenic.
Natural IngredientsForget Luscious Jackson's connection to the Beastie Boys. Though the female foursome is signed to Mike D.'s Grand Royal label, and one member is a...Natural IngredientsRockForget Luscious Jackson's connection to the Beastie Boys. Though the female foursome is signed to Mike D.'s Grand Royal label, and one member is a...1994-08-26
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Capitol, Grand Royal
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the Disney Channel tale about junior villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!