It probably sounded like a cash cow during the pitch meeting—an Animal House for the politically hypersensitive ’90s. And PCU starts out funny enough: A naive prospective student visits an issues-charged campus and meets fast-talking, charismatic slacker leader Droz (Piven). But Piven’s high-IQ-Bluto shtick wears thin after the first half hour, and all that’s left is the rank aftertaste of flat keg beer. Instead of satire, ”PCU” peddles a hackneyed palette of feminists, vegetarians, and eco-whiners. C+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jeremy Piven, Jon Favreau, Megan Ward, David Spade; Director: Hart Bochner; Author: Adam Leff, Zak Penn; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation': What are the critics saying?
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!