It probably sounded like a cash cow during the pitch meeting—an Animal House for the politically hypersensitive ’90s. And PCU starts out funny enough: A naive prospective student visits an issues-charged campus and meets fast-talking, charismatic slacker leader Droz (Piven). But Piven’s high-IQ-Bluto shtick wears thin after the first half hour, and all that’s left is the rank aftertaste of flat keg beer. Instead of satire, ”PCU” peddles a hackneyed palette of feminists, vegetarians, and eco-whiners. C+
PCUIt probably sounded like a cash cow during the pitch meeting—an Animal House for the politically hypersensitive '90s. And PCU...PCUComedyAdam Leff, Zak PennPG-13It probably sounded like a cash cow during the pitch meeting—an Animal House for the politically hypersensitive '90s. And PCU...1994-08-26Jon FavreauMegan WardDavid SpadeJon Favreau, Megan Ward, David Spade20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jeremy Piven, Jon Favreau, Megan Ward, David Spade; Director: Hart Bochner; Author: Adam Leff, Zak Penn; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary