Primal Rage (Atari Games, price varies) It’s hard to say what’s more remarkable about this fighting contest: its immense 3-D-rendered dinosaur combatants or the fact that it marks the return to arcade prominence of Atari Games, which had been made nearly extinct by the likes of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II. True, the controls here are not as precise as they could be, but Primal Rage still represents a de-evolutionary leap over the competition. With its 33-inch monitor, eye-popping Ray Harryhausen-like animation, and gore-shutoff switch, this game is to other arcade games what a brontosaurus is to an iguana. A- –Bob Strauss
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'
- Justin Bieber teases music video for Major Lazer collab 'Cold Water'