Primal Rage (Atari Games, price varies) It’s hard to say what’s more remarkable about this fighting contest: its immense 3-D-rendered dinosaur combatants or the fact that it marks the return to arcade prominence of Atari Games, which had been made nearly extinct by the likes of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II. True, the controls here are not as precise as they could be, but Primal Rage still represents a de-evolutionary leap over the competition. With its 33-inch monitor, eye-popping Ray Harryhausen-like animation, and gore-shutoff switch, this game is to other arcade games what a brontosaurus is to an iguana. A- –Bob Strauss
Posted August 26 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' has started filming
- Eva Longoria gets low on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- See the first teaser for Netflix's Beatles-inspired 'Beat Bugs'
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child' script due out this summer
- Grammys 2016: Secret Ballot
- 'The Walking Dead' returns with 6 exclusive EW collector's covers
- See 'Walking Dead' actor Josh McDermitt in the first trailer for 'Life in Color'