Primal Rage (Atari Games, price varies) It’s hard to say what’s more remarkable about this fighting contest: its immense 3-D-rendered dinosaur combatants or the fact that it marks the return to arcade prominence of Atari Games, which had been made nearly extinct by the likes of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II. True, the controls here are not as precise as they could be, but Primal Rage still represents a de-evolutionary leap over the competition. With its 33-inch monitor, eye-popping Ray Harryhausen-like animation, and gore-shutoff switch, this game is to other arcade games what a brontosaurus is to an iguana. A- –Bob Strauss
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!