Viewers have little love for ABC’s Loving. Created in 1983 with the help of the legendary Agnes Nixon (All My Children, One Life to Live), it is the lowest-rated soap. Producer Jo Ann Emmerich, a former ABC veep, may yet rescue it, but here’s the report card as of now. *Good news: Recent plots, like Angie’s bone-marrow transplant, are more realistic. Nancy Addison as money- grubbing schemer Deborah is a bitchy hoot. And the theme song is still daytime’s best. *Bad news: One of only two half-hour soaps, its short format makes compelling storytelling difficult. Famous grads: Luke Perry, Patricia Kalember. *Babe/hunk alert: Can’t beat Amelia Heinle (Steffi) or Robert Tyler (Trucker). *Recommended dosage: The opening scenes twice a week’ll do ya; avoid overdose.
Posted September 23 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!