Viewers have little love for ABC’s Loving. Created in 1983 with the help of the legendary Agnes Nixon (All My Children, One Life to Live), it is the lowest-rated soap. Producer Jo Ann Emmerich, a former ABC veep, may yet rescue it, but here’s the report card as of now. *Good news: Recent plots, like Angie’s bone-marrow transplant, are more realistic. Nancy Addison as money- grubbing schemer Deborah is a bitchy hoot. And the theme song is still daytime’s best. *Bad news: One of only two half-hour soaps, its short format makes compelling storytelling difficult. Famous grads: Luke Perry, Patricia Kalember. *Babe/hunk alert: Can’t beat Amelia Heinle (Steffi) or Robert Tyler (Trucker). *Recommended dosage: The opening scenes twice a week’ll do ya; avoid overdose.
Posted September 23 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!