Viewers have little love for ABC’s Loving. Created in 1983 with the help of the legendary Agnes Nixon (All My Children, One Life to Live), it is the lowest-rated soap. Producer Jo Ann Emmerich, a former ABC veep, may yet rescue it, but here’s the report card as of now. *Good news: Recent plots, like Angie’s bone-marrow transplant, are more realistic. Nancy Addison as money- grubbing schemer Deborah is a bitchy hoot. And the theme song is still daytime’s best. *Bad news: One of only two half-hour soaps, its short format makes compelling storytelling difficult. Famous grads: Luke Perry, Patricia Kalember. *Babe/hunk alert: Can’t beat Amelia Heinle (Steffi) or Robert Tyler (Trucker). *Recommended dosage: The opening scenes twice a week’ll do ya; avoid overdose.
Posted September 23 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!