Viewers have little love for ABC’s Loving. Created in 1983 with the help of the legendary Agnes Nixon (All My Children, One Life to Live), it is the lowest-rated soap. Producer Jo Ann Emmerich, a former ABC veep, may yet rescue it, but here’s the report card as of now. *Good news: Recent plots, like Angie’s bone-marrow transplant, are more realistic. Nancy Addison as money- grubbing schemer Deborah is a bitchy hoot. And the theme song is still daytime’s best. *Bad news: One of only two half-hour soaps, its short format makes compelling storytelling difficult. Famous grads: Luke Perry, Patricia Kalember. *Babe/hunk alert: Can’t beat Amelia Heinle (Steffi) or Robert Tyler (Trucker). *Recommended dosage: The opening scenes twice a week’ll do ya; avoid overdose.
Posted September 23 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 'Phantasm: Remastered' poster: The Tall Man gets a grip
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall