Viewers have little love for ABC’s Loving. Created in 1983 with the help of the legendary Agnes Nixon (All My Children, One Life to Live), it is the lowest-rated soap. Producer Jo Ann Emmerich, a former ABC veep, may yet rescue it, but here’s the report card as of now. *Good news: Recent plots, like Angie’s bone-marrow transplant, are more realistic. Nancy Addison as money- grubbing schemer Deborah is a bitchy hoot. And the theme song is still daytime’s best. *Bad news: One of only two half-hour soaps, its short format makes compelling storytelling difficult. Famous grads: Luke Perry, Patricia Kalember. *Babe/hunk alert: Can’t beat Amelia Heinle (Steffi) or Robert Tyler (Trucker). *Recommended dosage: The opening scenes twice a week’ll do ya; avoid overdose.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!