Viewers have little love for ABC’s Loving. Created in 1983 with the help of the legendary Agnes Nixon (All My Children, One Life to Live), it is the lowest-rated soap. Producer Jo Ann Emmerich, a former ABC veep, may yet rescue it, but here’s the report card as of now. *Good news: Recent plots, like Angie’s bone-marrow transplant, are more realistic. Nancy Addison as money- grubbing schemer Deborah is a bitchy hoot. And the theme song is still daytime’s best. *Bad news: One of only two half-hour soaps, its short format makes compelling storytelling difficult. Famous grads: Luke Perry, Patricia Kalember. *Babe/hunk alert: Can’t beat Amelia Heinle (Steffi) or Robert Tyler (Trucker). *Recommended dosage: The opening scenes twice a week’ll do ya; avoid overdose.
Posted September 23 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Chinese 'Rogue One' trailer features 'spies, saboteurs, and assassins'
- 'Madiba' first look: See Laurence Fishburne as Nelson Mandela
- John Cena vows to crush 'SNL' cast (except one member)
- Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone got ceremonial imprints at Chinese Theatre
- Tom Hardy is getting a Leonardo DiCaprio-designed tattoo after losing a bet
- Ricki Lake shares adorable throwback 'Hairspray' photo with Divine
- Donald Trump taps former WWE boss Linda McMahon for cabinet position
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot