What accounts for this five-song EP’s splash on the pop charts? Can’t be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can’t-mess-with-us swagger. Nor is it the production, which confidently thumps and bubbles but doesn’t do much else. What sets these Cleveland rappers apart is a vocal style that deftly weds a brisk hardcore delivery with melodic, almost jazz-like complexity. B
Creepin' On Ah Come Up What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...Creepin' On Ah Come UpHip-Hop/Rap What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...1994-10-07
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Ruthless, Relativity
Posted October 7 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member