What accounts for this five-song EP’s splash on the pop charts? Can’t be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can’t-mess-with-us swagger. Nor is it the production, which confidently thumps and bubbles but doesn’t do much else. What sets these Cleveland rappers apart is a vocal style that deftly weds a brisk hardcore delivery with melodic, almost jazz-like complexity. B
Creepin' On Ah Come Up What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...Creepin' On Ah Come UpHip-Hop/Rap What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...1994-10-07
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Ruthless, Relativity
Posted October 7 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Idris Elba joins Jessica Chastain in Aaron Sorkin's 'Molly's Game'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss takes you inside the Paul Wesley-directed episode
- 'Fast & Furious 8' production heats up in Cuba
- Charlize Theron, Jason Reitman, Diablo Cody reteam on 'Tully'
- Jessica Biel, Clive Owen going 'Invisible' in relationship drama
- 'Outlander': Check out what Claire's going to wear now
- 'The Walking Dead': Hundreds audition for Universal Studios' attraction