What accounts for this five-song EP’s splash on the pop charts? Can’t be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can’t-mess-with-us swagger. Nor is it the production, which confidently thumps and bubbles but doesn’t do much else. What sets these Cleveland rappers apart is a vocal style that deftly weds a brisk hardcore delivery with melodic, almost jazz-like complexity. B
Creepin' On Ah Come Up What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...Creepin' On Ah Come UpHip-Hop/Rap What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...1994-10-07
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Ruthless, Relativity
Posted October 7 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!