What accounts for this five-song EP’s splash on the pop charts? Can’t be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can’t-mess-with-us swagger. Nor is it the production, which confidently thumps and bubbles but doesn’t do much else. What sets these Cleveland rappers apart is a vocal style that deftly weds a brisk hardcore delivery with melodic, almost jazz-like complexity. B
Creepin' On Ah Come Up What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...Creepin' On Ah Come UpHip-Hop/Rap What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...1994-10-07
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Ruthless, Relativity
Posted October 7 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!