What accounts for this five-song EP’s splash on the pop charts? Can’t be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can’t-mess-with-us swagger. Nor is it the production, which confidently thumps and bubbles but doesn’t do much else. What sets these Cleveland rappers apart is a vocal style that deftly weds a brisk hardcore delivery with melodic, almost jazz-like complexity. B
Creepin' On Ah Come Up What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...Creepin' On Ah Come UpHip-Hop/Rap What accounts for this five-song EP's splash on the pop charts? Can't be the lyrics, which are unremarkable in their I-hate-cops, you-can't-mess-with...1994-10-07
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Ruthless, Relativity
Posted October 7 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!