Sharks (The Discovery Channel CD-ROM, CD-ROM for PC/Windows and Mac, $49.95) The Discovery Channel’s line of interactive discs — of which Sharks is the fourth title — are very much like coffee-table books unstuck in time. This one packs in undersea film footage and video interviews with shark researchers to pep up the informative text. Courageous and/or suicidal shutterbugs will find the tips on shark photography especially helpful, but a superfluous Concentration-like game is a waste of disc space. Impressively, the overall message is sharply preservationist — even Jaws author Peter Benchley remarks that he’d make his Great White the good guy if he had to do it all over again. B+
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!