Sharks (The Discovery Channel CD-ROM, CD-ROM for PC/Windows and Mac, $49.95) The Discovery Channel’s line of interactive discs — of which Sharks is the fourth title — are very much like coffee-table books unstuck in time. This one packs in undersea film footage and video interviews with shark researchers to pep up the informative text. Courageous and/or suicidal shutterbugs will find the tips on shark photography especially helpful, but a superfluous Concentration-like game is a waste of disc space. Impressively, the overall message is sharply preservationist — even Jaws author Peter Benchley remarks that he’d make his Great White the good guy if he had to do it all over again. B+
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!