Sharks (The Discovery Channel CD-ROM, CD-ROM for PC/Windows and Mac, $49.95) The Discovery Channel’s line of interactive discs — of which Sharks is the fourth title — are very much like coffee-table books unstuck in time. This one packs in undersea film footage and video interviews with shark researchers to pep up the informative text. Courageous and/or suicidal shutterbugs will find the tips on shark photography especially helpful, but a superfluous Concentration-like game is a waste of disc space. Impressively, the overall message is sharply preservationist — even Jaws author Peter Benchley remarks that he’d make his Great White the good guy if he had to do it all over again. B+
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...