Sharks (The Discovery Channel CD-ROM, CD-ROM for PC/Windows and Mac, $49.95) The Discovery Channel’s line of interactive discs — of which Sharks is the fourth title — are very much like coffee-table books unstuck in time. This one packs in undersea film footage and video interviews with shark researchers to pep up the informative text. Courageous and/or suicidal shutterbugs will find the tips on shark photography especially helpful, but a superfluous Concentration-like game is a waste of disc space. Impressively, the overall message is sharply preservationist — even Jaws author Peter Benchley remarks that he’d make his Great White the good guy if he had to do it all over again. B+
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl' promo asks a very important question
- Gilmore Guys to bring 'The Stars Hollow Countdown Show' to EW PopFest
- WATCH: Rob Lowe is 'rogue' with Marcia Gay Harden on 'Code Black'
- 'Jackie' set for U.S. premiere at the New York Film Festival
- Eve Plumb (yes, that Eve Plumb!) joins 'The Path' for season 2
- 'Scream Queens' clip: See Lea Michele's Hester go full Hannibal Lecter
- JoJo, Daya, more encourage first-time voters to lose their 'V-cards'