Melissa Hayden should buy a Lotto ticket: This year the Guiding Light star has won both a Soap Digest award and a Daytime Emmy as outstanding younger leading actress. What’s left — the Pilsbury Bake-off? ”I would have entered,” she jokes, ”but I was afraid if I won another award people would really hate me.” Not likely. Hayden’s scheming GL character, Bridget, has become more sympathetic after battling for custody of her baby son — an emotional plot twist that is taking its toll on the actress. ”I get such a headache,” she says. ”After taping, all I want to do is go home and rest.” Hayden relaxes by watching cooking shows, because the chefs ”are so passionate about what they do. I feel the same way about acting.” But not about cooking: ”I hate to cook!” That’s good news for bake-off contestants.
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'