Melissa Hayden should buy a Lotto ticket: This year the Guiding Light star has won both a Soap Digest award and a Daytime Emmy as outstanding younger leading actress. What’s left — the Pilsbury Bake-off? ”I would have entered,” she jokes, ”but I was afraid if I won another award people would really hate me.” Not likely. Hayden’s scheming GL character, Bridget, has become more sympathetic after battling for custody of her baby son — an emotional plot twist that is taking its toll on the actress. ”I get such a headache,” she says. ”After taping, all I want to do is go home and rest.” Hayden relaxes by watching cooking shows, because the chefs ”are so passionate about what they do. I feel the same way about acting.” But not about cooking: ”I hate to cook!” That’s good news for bake-off contestants.
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!