Melissa Hayden should buy a Lotto ticket: This year the Guiding Light star has won both a Soap Digest award and a Daytime Emmy as outstanding younger leading actress. What’s left — the Pilsbury Bake-off? ”I would have entered,” she jokes, ”but I was afraid if I won another award people would really hate me.” Not likely. Hayden’s scheming GL character, Bridget, has become more sympathetic after battling for custody of her baby son — an emotional plot twist that is taking its toll on the actress. ”I get such a headache,” she says. ”After taping, all I want to do is go home and rest.” Hayden relaxes by watching cooking shows, because the chefs ”are so passionate about what they do. I feel the same way about acting.” But not about cooking: ”I hate to cook!” That’s good news for bake-off contestants.
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!