Melissa Hayden should buy a Lotto ticket: This year the Guiding Light star has won both a Soap Digest award and a Daytime Emmy as outstanding younger leading actress. What’s left — the Pilsbury Bake-off? ”I would have entered,” she jokes, ”but I was afraid if I won another award people would really hate me.” Not likely. Hayden’s scheming GL character, Bridget, has become more sympathetic after battling for custody of her baby son — an emotional plot twist that is taking its toll on the actress. ”I get such a headache,” she says. ”After taping, all I want to do is go home and rest.” Hayden relaxes by watching cooking shows, because the chefs ”are so passionate about what they do. I feel the same way about acting.” But not about cooking: ”I hate to cook!” That’s good news for bake-off contestants.
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors