The Psychotron (Merit Studios, CD-ROM for PC/Windows, $59.95) Why did the CIA secretly buy a ”psychotronic generator” from the Russians? What’s really behind that plane crash in Virginia? And why is it of interest to President Richard Marx (not the singer — sorry, ”Hold On to the Nights” fans)? You’ll be too bored to care after playing this ”interactive movie” that mixes excruciating supper-club performances with an aggravating interface (make one mistake and you have to suffer through a badly acted video segment all over again). Weirdest of all, Psychotron bogs down midway through in a seemingly endless game of poker against three mafiosi. Save your dimes and play computer solitaire instead. C
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt