The Psychotron (Merit Studios, CD-ROM for PC/Windows, $59.95) Why did the CIA secretly buy a ”psychotronic generator” from the Russians? What’s really behind that plane crash in Virginia? And why is it of interest to President Richard Marx (not the singer — sorry, ”Hold On to the Nights” fans)? You’ll be too bored to care after playing this ”interactive movie” that mixes excruciating supper-club performances with an aggravating interface (make one mistake and you have to suffer through a badly acted video segment all over again). Weirdest of all, Psychotron bogs down midway through in a seemingly endless game of poker against three mafiosi. Save your dimes and play computer solitaire instead. C
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- 'Ray Donovan' season 3: Watch the brooding trailer
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!