The Psychotron (Merit Studios, CD-ROM for PC/Windows, $59.95) Why did the CIA secretly buy a ”psychotronic generator” from the Russians? What’s really behind that plane crash in Virginia? And why is it of interest to President Richard Marx (not the singer — sorry, ”Hold On to the Nights” fans)? You’ll be too bored to care after playing this ”interactive movie” that mixes excruciating supper-club performances with an aggravating interface (make one mistake and you have to suffer through a badly acted video segment all over again). Weirdest of all, Psychotron bogs down midway through in a seemingly endless game of poker against three mafiosi. Save your dimes and play computer solitaire instead. C
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3