Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.). She drinks to excess, she pets heavily with various boyfriends, and she plays rock music really loud. Still, it seems a tad harsh of her parents (L.A. Law’s Jill Eikenberry and My So-Called Life’s Tom Irwin) to have her committed to a private psychiatric center. Tim Kring’s script is deft at exposing the banality of recovery-movement jargon about addiction and ”denial.” But Consent is also a standard melodrama, the umpteenth variation on The Snake Pit — the asylum as a place where patients are doped into a stupor and abused. Garth is fine as both brat and victim, and Roseanne’s Johnny Galecki turns in an excellent performance as a gentle but paranoid patient, but both actors are trapped in a predictable genre movie. C+
Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....1994-10-14
Lead Performer: Jennie Garth, Jill Eikenberry; Status: In Season
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt