Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.). She drinks to excess, she pets heavily with various boyfriends, and she plays rock music really loud. Still, it seems a tad harsh of her parents (L.A. Law’s Jill Eikenberry and My So-Called Life’s Tom Irwin) to have her committed to a private psychiatric center. Tim Kring’s script is deft at exposing the banality of recovery-movement jargon about addiction and ”denial.” But Consent is also a standard melodrama, the umpteenth variation on The Snake Pit — the asylum as a place where patients are doped into a stupor and abused. Garth is fine as both brat and victim, and Roseanne’s Johnny Galecki turns in an excellent performance as a gentle but paranoid patient, but both actors are trapped in a predictable genre movie. C+
Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....1994-10-14
Starring: Jennie Garth, Jill Eikenberry; Status: In Season
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonardo DiCaprio isn't afraid to die anymore in new 'The Revenant' promo
- Penguin and Riddler sing Gordon a lullaby in exclusive 'Gotham' sneak peek
- Amy Schumer shows off bruises from 'Saturday Night Live' sketch
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig