Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.). She drinks to excess, she pets heavily with various boyfriends, and she plays rock music really loud. Still, it seems a tad harsh of her parents (L.A. Law’s Jill Eikenberry and My So-Called Life’s Tom Irwin) to have her committed to a private psychiatric center. Tim Kring’s script is deft at exposing the banality of recovery-movement jargon about addiction and ”denial.” But Consent is also a standard melodrama, the umpteenth variation on The Snake Pit — the asylum as a place where patients are doped into a stupor and abused. Garth is fine as both brat and victim, and Roseanne’s Johnny Galecki turns in an excellent performance as a gentle but paranoid patient, but both actors are trapped in a predictable genre movie. C+
Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....1994-10-14
Starring: Jennie Garth, Jill Eikenberry; Status: In Season
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- 'Kingsman 2': Jeff Bridges joins 'The Golden Circle'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers