Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.). She drinks to excess, she pets heavily with various boyfriends, and she plays rock music really loud. Still, it seems a tad harsh of her parents (L.A. Law’s Jill Eikenberry and My So-Called Life’s Tom Irwin) to have her committed to a private psychiatric center. Tim Kring’s script is deft at exposing the banality of recovery-movement jargon about addiction and ”denial.” But Consent is also a standard melodrama, the umpteenth variation on The Snake Pit — the asylum as a place where patients are doped into a stupor and abused. Garth is fine as both brat and victim, and Roseanne’s Johnny Galecki turns in an excellent performance as a gentle but paranoid patient, but both actors are trapped in a predictable genre movie. C+
Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....Without Consent Beverly Hills, 90210's Jennie Garth is a bad, bad girl in the TV movie Without Consent (ABC, Oct. 16, 9-11 p.m.)....1994-10-14
Starring: Jennie Garth, Jill Eikenberry
Posted October 14 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!