With their back-alley, blues-based trash, the early-’70s Dolls became a model for punks as well as lesser glam androgynes like Mötley Crüe. This lamely titled offering (which includes three previously unreleased cuts) mostly succeeds in its choices, but to compile a 20-track anthology of a group that recorded only two albums makes one wonder: Why not just rerelease those? B
Rock 'n Roll With their back-alley, blues-based trash, the early-'70s Dolls became a model for punks as well as lesser glam androgynes like Mötley Crüe....Rock 'n RollRock With their back-alley, blues-based trash, the early-'70s Dolls became a model for punks as well as lesser glam androgynes like Mötley Crüe....1994-10-21
Genre: Rock; Lead Performers: John Lennon, New York Dolls; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!