If you are among the sisterless, the title of this book may cause you to roll your eyes and think, ”Oh, please.” But if you can bear to open it, Wohlmuth’s striking black-and-white photographs will seduce you immediately. As for Saline, she has used the subject matter as a brilliant device to get up close and personal with the famous and not-so-famous. There are the Turlington sisters talking about their supermodel sister, Christy; Coretta Scott King writing to her sister Edythe about Martin Luther King Jr.; and Janice Coffey speaking about her sister Elizabeth, who used to be her brother before his sex-change operation. The essays — and photographs — range from the strange to the utterly familiar. A
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!