Sean Kanan hates being labeled a soap hunk. ”It’s flattering, but not at all who I am,” the General Hospital star insists. ”And if I have one really bad habit, it’s that I overcompensate to prove I’m not some soap bimbo.” When he’s not playing the unlucky-in-love A.J., Kanan, 27, is on the road perfecting a stand-up comedy act. He also cowrote, produced, and starred in the just-finished Oasis Cafe, a film that deals with capital punishment. But the versatile actor (who played the bad guy in Karate Kid III) doesn’t think GH is using ”the multidimensional” A.J. enough right now. ”I know these things are cyclical,” Kanan says, ”so rather than wait for them to say, ‘Time to get into the game,’ I’ve decided to always have my own game going.”
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'