Sean Kanan hates being labeled a soap hunk. ”It’s flattering, but not at all who I am,” the General Hospital star insists. ”And if I have one really bad habit, it’s that I overcompensate to prove I’m not some soap bimbo.” When he’s not playing the unlucky-in-love A.J., Kanan, 27, is on the road perfecting a stand-up comedy act. He also cowrote, produced, and starred in the just-finished Oasis Cafe, a film that deals with capital punishment. But the versatile actor (who played the bad guy in Karate Kid III) doesn’t think GH is using ”the multidimensional” A.J. enough right now. ”I know these things are cyclical,” Kanan says, ”so rather than wait for them to say, ‘Time to get into the game,’ I’ve decided to always have my own game going.”
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!