Sean Kanan hates being labeled a soap hunk. ”It’s flattering, but not at all who I am,” the General Hospital star insists. ”And if I have one really bad habit, it’s that I overcompensate to prove I’m not some soap bimbo.” When he’s not playing the unlucky-in-love A.J., Kanan, 27, is on the road perfecting a stand-up comedy act. He also cowrote, produced, and starred in the just-finished Oasis Cafe, a film that deals with capital punishment. But the versatile actor (who played the bad guy in Karate Kid III) doesn’t think GH is using ”the multidimensional” A.J. enough right now. ”I know these things are cyclical,” Kanan says, ”so rather than wait for them to say, ‘Time to get into the game,’ I’ve decided to always have my own game going.”
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Alison Brie lip sync Salt-N-Pepa
- See the first full promo for 'Bachelor in Paradise' season 2
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series sets fall premiere date
- Which Avengers member is definitely in 'Ant-Man'?
- Chris Pratt used his raptor-whispering skills on the Avengers
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Sam Raimi on why he likes to torment Bruce Campbell
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2': Liam Hemsworth in war paint for new Gale poster (EW exclusive)
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!