Sean Kanan hates being labeled a soap hunk. ”It’s flattering, but not at all who I am,” the General Hospital star insists. ”And if I have one really bad habit, it’s that I overcompensate to prove I’m not some soap bimbo.” When he’s not playing the unlucky-in-love A.J., Kanan, 27, is on the road perfecting a stand-up comedy act. He also cowrote, produced, and starred in the just-finished Oasis Cafe, a film that deals with capital punishment. But the versatile actor (who played the bad guy in Karate Kid III) doesn’t think GH is using ”the multidimensional” A.J. enough right now. ”I know these things are cyclical,” Kanan says, ”so rather than wait for them to say, ‘Time to get into the game,’ I’ve decided to always have my own game going.”
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Loras Tyrell wants 'Mr. Robot' star Rami Malek on 'Game of Thrones'
- Don Cheadle meets Ewan McGregor in latest 'Miles Ahead' clip
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Here’s why you’ll enjoy ‘The Last Kingdom'
- See Bradley Cooper's return to 'Limitless', plus more things we learned at NYCC
- Watch the casts of 'Bring It On', 'Felicity,' 'Family Ties' reminisce in EW's reunion videos
- 'Pretty Little Liars': See the first 4 minutes of season 6B
- Kate Winslet calls Michael Fassbender's 'Steve Jobs' role 'Hamlet x 2'