Sean Kanan hates being labeled a soap hunk. ”It’s flattering, but not at all who I am,” the General Hospital star insists. ”And if I have one really bad habit, it’s that I overcompensate to prove I’m not some soap bimbo.” When he’s not playing the unlucky-in-love A.J., Kanan, 27, is on the road perfecting a stand-up comedy act. He also cowrote, produced, and starred in the just-finished Oasis Cafe, a film that deals with capital punishment. But the versatile actor (who played the bad guy in Karate Kid III) doesn’t think GH is using ”the multidimensional” A.J. enough right now. ”I know these things are cyclical,” Kanan says, ”so rather than wait for them to say, ‘Time to get into the game,’ I’ve decided to always have my own game going.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!