In its first week as the only Chicago hospital drama in its time slot, NBC’s ER lunged into the top five, destroying its newsmag competitors, ABC’s PrimeTime Live (71st) and CBS’ Eye to Eye With Connie Chung (81st). Moved out of ER’s path, CBS’ Chicago Hope rose from 69th to 38th, but still got killed by NBC’s Seinfeld (3rd). The Peacock network has other reasons to celebrate: Its Markie Post movie, Someone She Knows, finished 5th on Monday, and while Frasier (8th) hasn’t knocked Home Improvement from its perch atop the ratings, Kelsey Grammer’s sitcom has been slowly closing the gap on Tuesdays. NBC’s seaQuest DSV (44th), however, is merely treading water, splitting the Sunday sci-fi audience with ABC’s Lois & Clark (42nd) for the second straight season.
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton