In its first week as the only Chicago hospital drama in its time slot, NBC’s ER lunged into the top five, destroying its newsmag competitors, ABC’s PrimeTime Live (71st) and CBS’ Eye to Eye With Connie Chung (81st). Moved out of ER’s path, CBS’ Chicago Hope rose from 69th to 38th, but still got killed by NBC’s Seinfeld (3rd). The Peacock network has other reasons to celebrate: Its Markie Post movie, Someone She Knows, finished 5th on Monday, and while Frasier (8th) hasn’t knocked Home Improvement from its perch atop the ratings, Kelsey Grammer’s sitcom has been slowly closing the gap on Tuesdays. NBC’s seaQuest DSV (44th), however, is merely treading water, splitting the Sunday sci-fi audience with ABC’s Lois & Clark (42nd) for the second straight season.
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by Pixar, 'Incredibles 2' takes its date
- President Obama to appear on 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee'
- The CW unveils its holiday specials lineup
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- Stephen Colbert teases election night special in sultry promo
- 'PLL' showrunner pens emotional note on final day of filming
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like