In its first week as the only Chicago hospital drama in its time slot, NBC’s ER lunged into the top five, destroying its newsmag competitors, ABC’s PrimeTime Live (71st) and CBS’ Eye to Eye With Connie Chung (81st). Moved out of ER’s path, CBS’ Chicago Hope rose from 69th to 38th, but still got killed by NBC’s Seinfeld (3rd). The Peacock network has other reasons to celebrate: Its Markie Post movie, Someone She Knows, finished 5th on Monday, and while Frasier (8th) hasn’t knocked Home Improvement from its perch atop the ratings, Kelsey Grammer’s sitcom has been slowly closing the gap on Tuesdays. NBC’s seaQuest DSV (44th), however, is merely treading water, splitting the Sunday sci-fi audience with ABC’s Lois & Clark (42nd) for the second straight season.
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Laura Jane Grace explains her bandmates' reaction to her coming out as transgender
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' gets covered in 20 different styles in under 5 minutes
- 'UnREAL' renewed for season 2
- Grant Morrison gives 'Heavy Metal' a punk rock facelift
- How well do you know your geek trivia? Take EW's Comic-Con quiz to find out
- 'Star Wars' at Comic-Con: What you'll see (J.J. Abrams and Co.) and what you won't (new trailer)
- Amy Schumer is 'taking responsibility' for controversial joke
- Soundbites of the week: Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!