The most exhilarating movie in years. Writer-director Quentin Tarantino draws us into the lives of violently impassioned underworld characters who become figments of fury and grace and desire. The plot twists are like whims bubbling up from the filmmaker’s unconscious; the dialogue is of such fiendishly elaborate wit it suggests a Martin Scorsese film written by Preston Sturges. The superb cast includes John Travolta as a hit man who has to chaperon his boss’ party-girl wife (Uma Thurman); Bruce Willis as a palooka who wins the fight he’s been ordered to lose; and — in the film’s greatest performance — Samuel L. Jackson as Travolta’s partner, who delivers hypnotic bebop soliloquies. Pulp Fiction is the work of a new-style punk virtuoso. The thrill — and originality — of the film is the way it shows us characters acting far better than we expected in situations more threatening than we could have imagined. A
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Rosanna Arquette, Harvey Keitel, Amanda Plummer, Ving Rhames, Tim Roth, Eric Stoltz, Quentin Tarantino, Uma Thurman, Christopher Walken; Producer (person): Danny DeVito; Runtime (in minutes): 154; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!