Though a recent movie version was eradicated due to Jodie Foster’s and Robert Redford’s defections, the Hot Zone book — a true story about a highly deadly and contagious African rain forest virus that sprang up in the ’80s — is thriving. The book debuted on the nonfiction chart at No. 10, with 210,000 copies in print after five press runs. And why shouldn’t it be a best-seller? Could there be anything more entertaining than a book about a filovirus that kills + nine out of 10 whom it infects — and in particularly excruciating and disgusting ways, too.
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!