This typically implausible service musical, which marked Danny Kaye’s first appearance in a feature film, makes its laserdisc debut here in exemplary fashion — with spectacular restored Technicolor hues, as well as an additional music-and-effects audio track. But if you’re too young to remember World War II, Up In Arms may be a bit puzzling. Why, for example, is the tough ship captain sleeping in fancy pajamas? Why are the male soldiers continually dancing together? And those scantily clad WACs voguing above-deck? What is this — Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, Goes to War? Extremely weird. B
Up in ArmsThis typically implausible service musical, which marked Danny Kaye's first appearance in a feature film, makes its laserdisc debut here in exemplary...Up in ArmsMusicalUnratedThis typically implausible service musical, which marked Danny Kaye's first appearance in a feature film, makes its laserdisc debut here in exemplary...1994-10-21Dana Andrews
Genre: Musical; Starring: Danny Kaye, Dinah Shore, Dana Andrews; Director: Elliott Nugent; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 21 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Depp could face jail time for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- Jake Owen shifts gears on infectious new single, talks 'funkier' new album
- Jon Stewart helps Iraq War veterans find jobs in TV
- Queen Latifah channels LL Cool J for her 'Lip Sync Battle' performance
- Katharine McPhee drops catchy comeback single 'Lick My Lips'
- Kanye's anniversary tweet to Kim was super romantic
- Rumer Willis looks exactly like Demi Moore in new Instagram pic
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!