After David Caruso spent the summer in the headlines, NYPD Blue had a smoking season premiere, snagging eighth place and more viewers than any of its episodes did last year. But can ABC keep up the pace after Nov. 1, when Caruso departs on the heels of his much-ballyhooed contract dispute? Stay tuned. NBC’s own shaky-cam police drama, Homicide: Life on the Street, didn’t do nearly as well. Despite critical raves, the show placed a disappointing 80th. Speaking of disappointments, CBS’ Daddy’s Girls — Dudley Moore’s lemon of a vehicle — was put on indefinite hiatus after placing 82nd for the week. And viewers seem to be more interested in watching Roseanne (her ABC show came in 4th) than someone playing her: Fox’s docudrama, Roseanne: An Unauthorized Biography, thudded in at 90th.
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'Dancing with the Stars' taps Alexa and Carlos PenaVega
- Box office preview: 'Straight Outta Compton' set for third weekend at the top
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!