After David Caruso spent the summer in the headlines, NYPD Blue had a smoking season premiere, snagging eighth place and more viewers than any of its episodes did last year. But can ABC keep up the pace after Nov. 1, when Caruso departs on the heels of his much-ballyhooed contract dispute? Stay tuned. NBC’s own shaky-cam police drama, Homicide: Life on the Street, didn’t do nearly as well. Despite critical raves, the show placed a disappointing 80th. Speaking of disappointments, CBS’ Daddy’s Girls — Dudley Moore’s lemon of a vehicle — was put on indefinite hiatus after placing 82nd for the week. And viewers seem to be more interested in watching Roseanne (her ABC show came in 4th) than someone playing her: Fox’s docudrama, Roseanne: An Unauthorized Biography, thudded in at 90th.
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!