After David Caruso spent the summer in the headlines, NYPD Blue had a smoking season premiere, snagging eighth place and more viewers than any of its episodes did last year. But can ABC keep up the pace after Nov. 1, when Caruso departs on the heels of his much-ballyhooed contract dispute? Stay tuned. NBC’s own shaky-cam police drama, Homicide: Life on the Street, didn’t do nearly as well. Despite critical raves, the show placed a disappointing 80th. Speaking of disappointments, CBS’ Daddy’s Girls — Dudley Moore’s lemon of a vehicle — was put on indefinite hiatus after placing 82nd for the week. And viewers seem to be more interested in watching Roseanne (her ABC show came in 4th) than someone playing her: Fox’s docudrama, Roseanne: An Unauthorized Biography, thudded in at 90th.
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- 'UnREAL' vs 'Everlasting': New cast members recall their own confusion
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers