In a probable case of exaggeration, major studio Warner Bros. and Disney-owned independent Miramax — both of which have been accused of cooking box office figures in the past — played a wild game of ”Can you top this?” in reporting the weekend numbers for The Specialist and Pulp Fiction, respectively. While Miramax finally claimed victory for its sadistically bloody crime film, industry sources agreed that both estimates were inflated. One feather in Fiction’s cap: Its 2 1/2-hour running time allowed an average of only four daily showings versus The Specialist’s five, making its final take even more impressive.
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch