The first seven volumes of graphic artist Larry Gonick’s ongoing project (taking readers from the big bang to Alexander the Great) have been poured onto two CD-ROMs and spiced up with rudimentary animation and 18 puzzles, turning what was an informatively silly book series into a hugely amusing world-history slide show. Your kids will probably be glued to the monitor, especially during the game in which they try to get the mummy’s brain out through his nose. B+
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member