The first seven volumes of graphic artist Larry Gonick’s ongoing project (taking readers from the big bang to Alexander the Great) have been poured onto two CD-ROMs and spiced up with rudimentary animation and 18 puzzles, turning what was an informatively silly book series into a hugely amusing world-history slide show. Your kids will probably be glued to the monitor, especially during the game in which they try to get the mummy’s brain out through his nose. B+
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters