The first seven volumes of graphic artist Larry Gonick’s ongoing project (taking readers from the big bang to Alexander the Great) have been poured onto two CD-ROMs and spiced up with rudimentary animation and 18 puzzles, turning what was an informatively silly book series into a hugely amusing world-history slide show. Your kids will probably be glued to the monitor, especially during the game in which they try to get the mummy’s brain out through his nose. B+
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!