Popping this into your drive is the multimedia equivalent of trekking to Vail, only to find that all of the lifts aren’t running. Skier’s Encyclopedia promises interactive lessons, a ski-equipment primer, and a guide to the country’s ski resorts. Too bad it’s a total wipeout. For starters, the lessons are superficial, the ski-equipment spots are shameless advertisements, and the almanac is woefully incomplete — and from there it goes downhill faster than Alberto Tomba. For slightly more than the price of a lift ticket, you’d be much better off skipping this and spending an extra day on the slopes. C
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...