Popping this into your drive is the multimedia equivalent of trekking to Vail, only to find that all of the lifts aren’t running. Skier’s Encyclopedia promises interactive lessons, a ski-equipment primer, and a guide to the country’s ski resorts. Too bad it’s a total wipeout. For starters, the lessons are superficial, the ski-equipment spots are shameless advertisements, and the almanac is woefully incomplete — and from there it goes downhill faster than Alberto Tomba. For slightly more than the price of a lift ticket, you’d be much better off skipping this and spending an extra day on the slopes. C
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters