Popping this into your drive is the multimedia equivalent of trekking to Vail, only to find that all of the lifts aren’t running. Skier’s Encyclopedia promises interactive lessons, a ski-equipment primer, and a guide to the country’s ski resorts. Too bad it’s a total wipeout. For starters, the lessons are superficial, the ski-equipment spots are shameless advertisements, and the almanac is woefully incomplete — and from there it goes downhill faster than Alberto Tomba. For slightly more than the price of a lift ticket, you’d be much better off skipping this and spending an extra day on the slopes. C
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!