Popping this into your drive is the multimedia equivalent of trekking to Vail, only to find that all of the lifts aren’t running. Skier’s Encyclopedia promises interactive lessons, a ski-equipment primer, and a guide to the country’s ski resorts. Too bad it’s a total wipeout. For starters, the lessons are superficial, the ski-equipment spots are shameless advertisements, and the almanac is woefully incomplete — and from there it goes downhill faster than Alberto Tomba. For slightly more than the price of a lift ticket, you’d be much better off skipping this and spending an extra day on the slopes. C
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!