Bad organ music. Tacky sets. Wacky clothes. Atrocious, hammy acting. It’s all here. Fans of clip shows should check out 50 Years of Soaps: An All-Star Celebration (CBS, Oct. 27, 8-10 p.m.), which salutes the good and the bad about daytime drama. The fast-paced show crams in a lot of information in a loving yet irreverent (bordering on snide) manner. The bloopers alone are worth your time. If there is one nit to pick, it’s that the segment on jaw- dropping moments leaves out the One Life to Live classic when Karen (Judith Light) confessed in court that she was a hooker — perhaps the greatest scene in soap history. Oh, and they could have put more names and years on the screen to let you know who was who. No matter. Don’t miss this.
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Hills' trivia: Can you still identify these minor characters?
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys welcome first child together
- 'Jeopardy!' producer scores Guinness World Record
- Bosnia honors David Bowie with massive mural
- Alicia Keys on no makeup press photo: 'It's the strongest I ever felt'
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': First look at Harry, Ginny, Albus
- 'Scream' bosses on tragic first death and what's next
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies