Sylvester Stallone plays an explosives expert who doesn’t own a tie, and Sharon Stone plays a woman who hires him to avenge the murder of her parents and who doesn’t own a bra in this ludicrous high-testosterone action film that takes itself way too seriously. You, however, won’t, which is what makes this awful production awfully amusing. Thrill to Rod Stei-ger’s howler Hispanic accent and giggle at the soapy shower scene between the self- involved Stallone and his equal, Stone. As a bonus, enjoy the truly good performance of James Woods as Sly’s nutso-nasty nemesis. C+
The Specialist Sylvester Stallone plays an explosives expert who doesn't own a tie, and Sharon Stone plays a woman who hires him to avenge the murder of her parents...The SpecialistWar, Mystery and Thriller, Action/AdventureR Sylvester Stallone plays an explosives expert who doesn't own a tie, and Sharon Stone plays a woman who hires him to avenge the murder of her parents...1994-10-28Rod Steiger
Genre: War, Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Luis Llosa, Eric Roberts, Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone, Rod Steiger; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!