Sylvester Stallone plays an explosives expert who doesn’t own a tie, and Sharon Stone plays a woman who hires him to avenge the murder of her parents and who doesn’t own a bra in this ludicrous high-testosterone action film that takes itself way too seriously. You, however, won’t, which is what makes this awful production awfully amusing. Thrill to Rod Stei-ger’s howler Hispanic accent and giggle at the soapy shower scene between the self- involved Stallone and his equal, Stone. As a bonus, enjoy the truly good performance of James Woods as Sly’s nutso-nasty nemesis. C+
The Specialist Sylvester Stallone plays an explosives expert who doesn't own a tie, and Sharon Stone plays a woman who hires him to avenge the murder of her parents...The SpecialistWar, Mystery and Thriller, Action/AdventureR Sylvester Stallone plays an explosives expert who doesn't own a tie, and Sharon Stone plays a woman who hires him to avenge the murder of her parents...1994-10-28Rod Steiger
Genre: War, Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Luis Llosa, Eric Roberts, Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone, Rod Steiger; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: New details
- Demi Lovato: 'Summer' turns into fall
- The Roots play 'Rappers Delight' with the Philadelphia Mayor for Fourth of July
- John Oliver's Shallow Dive: 15 topics in 60(-ish) seconds
- Miley Cyrus cameos as a skateboarding heartthrob on 'Stone Quackers'
- Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle': Watch episodes 1 and 2 at EW Friday
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!