You know in the first 10 minutes that the movie will end with sociopathic 10-year-old Clifford (Martin Short, who’s shown mostly from the waist up) finally making it to Dinosaurworld, the theme park featuring a ride designed by his kid- averse babysitting uncle (Charles Grodin). You also know every tired bad-boy gag in the script, which plays like outtakes from the Problem Child and National Lampoon’s Vacation movies. But who’d guess that when this sub-sitcom mess meanders to a payoff, it would turn so mean-spirited? Forget the family-friendly promos: When Short climbs into the Larry the Scary Rex ride and Grodin sends him through several times, till the malfunctioning dino nearly kills him, not only is it not funny, it’s not healthy. D
CliffordYou know in the first 10 minutes that the movie will end with sociopathic 10-year-old Clifford (Martin Short, who's shown mostly from the waist up)...CliffordComedyPGYou know in the first 10 minutes that the movie will end with sociopathic 10-year-old Clifford (Martin Short, who's shown mostly from the waist up)...1994-10-28Dabney ColemanMary SteenburgenDabney Coleman, Mary Steenburgen
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Charles Grodin, Martin Short, Dabney Coleman, Mary Steenburgen; Director: Paul Flaherty; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!