The problem with being a cowriter-director-star is that it doesn’t leave you much time to hang out at the video store, so Lou Diamond Phillips had no way of knowing how many movies have already been made about female sex therapists who get swept off their feet by kinky strangers. And while Dangerous Touch doesn’t exactly disgrace this tradition, the film’s only real distinction is in the way it reduces the usual convoluted vengeance plot down to a bare-bones excuse for soft-core sex scenes. But even the worst X-rated auteur wouldn’t attempt the hokey way Phillips intercuts lovemaking scenes with a violinist playing, although he probably just couldn’t find any stock footage of trains and tunnels. D
Dangerous TouchThe problem with being a cowriter-director-star is that it doesn't leave you much time to hang out at the video store, so Lou Diamond Phillips had no way...Dangerous TouchErotic, Mystery and ThrillerLou Diamond Phillips, Kurt VossRThe problem with being a cowriter-director-star is that it doesn't leave you much time to hang out at the video store, so Lou Diamond Phillips had no way...1994-10-28Max Gail
Genre: Erotic, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Kate Vernon, Lou Diamond Phillips, Max Gail; Director: Lou Diamond Phillips; Author: Lou Diamond Phillips, Kurt Voss; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?