”I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don’t stop wearing neckties?” Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of quotes by women about men. A companion to Starr’s much meatier The ”Natural Inferiority” of Women (which featured quotes by men about women), Eve’s Revenge spans the inane (it’s filled with asinine Stupid Men jokes), the offensive (Marilyn French: ”All men are rapists, and that’s all they are”), and the irrelevant (many of these bons mots are either not by women or not about men). Eve’s Revenge might have been better titled The Natural Superiority of Women, since it perpetuates the kind of mindless reverse sexism that gives feminism a bad name. C-
Eve's Revenge ''I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don't stop wearing neckties?'' Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of...Eve's RevengeWomen's Studies, Comic NovelsTama Starr ''I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don't stop wearing neckties?'' Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of...1994-11-11
Genre: Women's Studies, Comic Novels; Author: Tama Starr
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!