”I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don’t stop wearing neckties?” Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of quotes by women about men. A companion to Starr’s much meatier The ”Natural Inferiority” of Women (which featured quotes by men about women), Eve’s Revenge spans the inane (it’s filled with asinine Stupid Men jokes), the offensive (Marilyn French: ”All men are rapists, and that’s all they are”), and the irrelevant (many of these bons mots are either not by women or not about men). Eve’s Revenge might have been better titled The Natural Superiority of Women, since it perpetuates the kind of mindless reverse sexism that gives feminism a bad name. C-
Eve's Revenge ''I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don't stop wearing neckties?'' Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of...Eve's RevengeWomen's Studies, Comic NovelsTama Starr ''I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don't stop wearing neckties?'' Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of...1994-11-11
Genre: Women's Studies, Comic Novels; Author: Tama Starr
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ruby Rose blasts Kanye West in defense of Taylor Swift
- New 'Halo' toys, figures, and more coming from Mattel
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Big Bang Theory,' 'TWD,' 'Blindspot,' and more
- See an exclusive Valentine's Day clip from the new horror anthology 'Holidays'
- Behold! The original 6 survivors of 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller talks likes and dislikes and the best advice he got from David Fincher
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle pleads guilty to drunk driving