”I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don’t stop wearing neckties?” Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of quotes by women about men. A companion to Starr’s much meatier The ”Natural Inferiority” of Women (which featured quotes by men about women), Eve’s Revenge spans the inane (it’s filled with asinine Stupid Men jokes), the offensive (Marilyn French: ”All men are rapists, and that’s all they are”), and the irrelevant (many of these bons mots are either not by women or not about men). Eve’s Revenge might have been better titled The Natural Superiority of Women, since it perpetuates the kind of mindless reverse sexism that gives feminism a bad name. C-
Eve's Revenge ''I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don't stop wearing neckties?'' Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of...Eve's RevengeWomen's Studies, Comic NovelsTama Starr ''I want to know why, if men rule the world, they don't stop wearing neckties?'' Linda Ellerbee asks in one of the high points of this collection of...1994-11-11
Genre: Women's Studies, Comic Novels; Author: Tama Starr
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!