You’d think that by now everyone would abide by the rule, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But looking at Sports Shorts — a batch of stand-up snippets from Comedy Central’s Short Attention Span Theater — the opposite seems true. More than 50 comedians riffing on sports, from cliff-diving to StairMaster-climbing, have been sampled for this disc. But as hilarious as some of the bits are (Janeane Garofalo’s misanthropic fitness shtick and Brian Regan’s off-kilter take on folks who watch fishing on TV stand out), these performances played a lot better on a TV screen than on a grainy, pixelated computer monitor. C-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!