You’d think that by now everyone would abide by the rule, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But looking at Sports Shorts — a batch of stand-up snippets from Comedy Central’s Short Attention Span Theater — the opposite seems true. More than 50 comedians riffing on sports, from cliff-diving to StairMaster-climbing, have been sampled for this disc. But as hilarious as some of the bits are (Janeane Garofalo’s misanthropic fitness shtick and Brian Regan’s off-kilter take on folks who watch fishing on TV stand out), these performances played a lot better on a TV screen than on a grainy, pixelated computer monitor. C-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?