You’d think that by now everyone would abide by the rule, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But looking at Sports Shorts — a batch of stand-up snippets from Comedy Central’s Short Attention Span Theater — the opposite seems true. More than 50 comedians riffing on sports, from cliff-diving to StairMaster-climbing, have been sampled for this disc. But as hilarious as some of the bits are (Janeane Garofalo’s misanthropic fitness shtick and Brian Regan’s off-kilter take on folks who watch fishing on TV stand out), these performances played a lot better on a TV screen than on a grainy, pixelated computer monitor. C-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!