You’d think that by now everyone would abide by the rule, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But looking at Sports Shorts — a batch of stand-up snippets from Comedy Central’s Short Attention Span Theater — the opposite seems true. More than 50 comedians riffing on sports, from cliff-diving to StairMaster-climbing, have been sampled for this disc. But as hilarious as some of the bits are (Janeane Garofalo’s misanthropic fitness shtick and Brian Regan’s off-kilter take on folks who watch fishing on TV stand out), these performances played a lot better on a TV screen than on a grainy, pixelated computer monitor. C-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters