You’d think that by now everyone would abide by the rule, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But looking at Sports Shorts — a batch of stand-up snippets from Comedy Central’s Short Attention Span Theater — the opposite seems true. More than 50 comedians riffing on sports, from cliff-diving to StairMaster-climbing, have been sampled for this disc. But as hilarious as some of the bits are (Janeane Garofalo’s misanthropic fitness shtick and Brian Regan’s off-kilter take on folks who watch fishing on TV stand out), these performances played a lot better on a TV screen than on a grainy, pixelated computer monitor. C-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Brown and Jamie Foxx are just two men in love in 'You Changed Me' video
- Fox sets a premiere date for 'Empire' season 2
- Hasbo CEO hints Bumblebee could get 'Transformers' spin-off film
- Ranking the songs of summer, from TLC to Iggy Azalea
- 'Childrens Hospital' exclusive clip: Tony Hale and Nick Offerman are on opposite sides of a murder case
- Hear the EP from SSHH, Ringo Starr's son's electro-punk project -- exclusive
- Denver Water responds to Jay Z's 'water is free' comments
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!