This disc is like opening up an old chest in the attic and finding a complete collection of Life magazines: Not only are there covers and classic photos from every issue between 1936 and 1972, but you’ll also find picture essays, newsreel footage, trivia quizzes, and funky old ads that contribute to the elegant time-capsule feeling. There are bugs — when I searched for the 1937 Hindenburg crash, I kept getting dumped in 1941 — and the magazine text is too small to read on a computer screen. But who bought the fabled weekly for the text? A-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Bieber really wants Seth Rogen to roast him
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot
- 'The Good Wife' recap: No harm, no foul, and 'microbursts of contempt'
- 'The Good Wife' recap: Sex, secrets, and radical politics
- 'The Good Wife' recap: Michael J. Fox returned: A pest with pesticides?