School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio
- 'Saturday Night Live' adds Jon Rudnitsky as cast member
- Rooney Mara helps Rio kids in new 'Trash' trailer
- What's expiring on Netflix in September
- Neve Campbell 'devastated' by Wes Craven's death
- 'Faking It' boss previews season 2B: New faces, dynamics, and that upcoming Karmy kiss
- Andy Grammer joins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!