School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: Black Friday gets bloody
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team
- Paramount sets digital dates for 'Scouts Guide,' 'Paranormal Activity' under flexible release plan
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: J.J. Abrams (sort of) decodes 'Star Wars' cast photo
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' wins NBR award for best film
- See Dave Grohl compete in a drum-off against Animal on 'The Muppets'
- Marching band masterfully covers Adele's 'Hello'