School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!