School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- 'AGT': Grace VanderWaal continues to shine with 'Light the Sky'
- Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol make surprise wedding performance
- It's Black Panther vs. Black Widow in deleted scene from 'Civil War'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Arizona's getting a new love interest!
- Gabby Douglas reveals she had a cyst removed in her mouth
- Demi Lovato goes undercover as a Lyft driver to surprise fans