School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles