School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wonder Woman' comic writer confirms Diana is queer
- Tom Cruise packs punches in new 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' trailer
- Hear The Chainsmokers' mellow new song featuring Phoebe Ryan
- Allison Williams shares emotional goodbye to 'Girls' and Lena Dunham
- 'Hamilton' star Leslie Odom, Jr. to release holiday album
- Reviews are in for 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Grumpy Cat to join Broadway's 'Cats'