School’s open: Use your CD-ROM drive carefully. The home-education software charts indicate that parents buy with an eye to helping their kids do homework. Encyclopedias top both the PC and Mac charts, and the geography game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? continues to do well. A new reference disc, BodyWorks, debuts at No. 4 on the PC chart and No. 7 on the Mac chart, and even cracked the general CD-ROM top 20. Another nonkid title on both education charts is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing — which is pretty impressive, considering that there is no Mavis Beacon. (Pay no attention to the lady on the box.)
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supergirl' sneak peek: Watch Hank pretend to be Kara again
- President Obama pays tribute to Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White
- 'The Magicians' sneak peek: Quentin and Eliot head to the mental hospital — or do they?
- 'Shades of Blue' renewed for season 2
- Who is performing at Super Bowl 50?
- Why 'Fury Road' deserves the Oscar for best picture
- Bruno Mars to join Beyoncé in Super Bowl halftime show