”To tell the truth, right now in my briefcase I have a manual on psychiatric disorders, an Oxford English Dictionary, and The Celestine Prophecy. The Celestine Prophecy is a wonderfully insightful book. As tired as I get, it’s really enriching, showing a dimension of life one isn’t ordinarily in touch with. People think I’m reading about crime. I don’t read crime novels. I’m also reading books on maintaining scuba-diving equipment for a novel I’m writing, as well as Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. She’s a masterful, beautiful writer. I have a copy of that book in every place I live. I also like Tom Wolfe and Pat Conroy, [and] there’s a wonderful textbook about forensics, Criminalistics. When I’m writing, I don’t read anything. It’s only when I’m back in my extroverted manifestation that I get back to reading.”
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch