”To tell the truth, right now in my briefcase I have a manual on psychiatric disorders, an Oxford English Dictionary, and The Celestine Prophecy. The Celestine Prophecy is a wonderfully insightful book. As tired as I get, it’s really enriching, showing a dimension of life one isn’t ordinarily in touch with. People think I’m reading about crime. I don’t read crime novels. I’m also reading books on maintaining scuba-diving equipment for a novel I’m writing, as well as Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. She’s a masterful, beautiful writer. I have a copy of that book in every place I live. I also like Tom Wolfe and Pat Conroy, [and] there’s a wonderful textbook about forensics, Criminalistics. When I’m writing, I don’t read anything. It’s only when I’m back in my extroverted manifestation that I get back to reading.”
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3