”To tell the truth, right now in my briefcase I have a manual on psychiatric disorders, an Oxford English Dictionary, and The Celestine Prophecy. The Celestine Prophecy is a wonderfully insightful book. As tired as I get, it’s really enriching, showing a dimension of life one isn’t ordinarily in touch with. People think I’m reading about crime. I don’t read crime novels. I’m also reading books on maintaining scuba-diving equipment for a novel I’m writing, as well as Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. She’s a masterful, beautiful writer. I have a copy of that book in every place I live. I also like Tom Wolfe and Pat Conroy, [and] there’s a wonderful textbook about forensics, Criminalistics. When I’m writing, I don’t read anything. It’s only when I’m back in my extroverted manifestation that I get back to reading.”
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Zoolander 2' had most successful comedy trailer launch ever
- 4 things you never knew about 'Rocky IV'
- Rashida Jones: Drake's 'Hotline Bling' dance is basically the Carlton
- Eddie Redmayne on trying to find some of 'The Danish Girl' in himself
- Rashida Jones & Jimmy Fallon perform epic holiday song parody medley
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'