”To tell the truth, right now in my briefcase I have a manual on psychiatric disorders, an Oxford English Dictionary, and The Celestine Prophecy. The Celestine Prophecy is a wonderfully insightful book. As tired as I get, it’s really enriching, showing a dimension of life one isn’t ordinarily in touch with. People think I’m reading about crime. I don’t read crime novels. I’m also reading books on maintaining scuba-diving equipment for a novel I’m writing, as well as Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. She’s a masterful, beautiful writer. I have a copy of that book in every place I live. I also like Tom Wolfe and Pat Conroy, [and] there’s a wonderful textbook about forensics, Criminalistics. When I’m writing, I don’t read anything. It’s only when I’m back in my extroverted manifestation that I get back to reading.”
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs