”To tell the truth, right now in my briefcase I have a manual on psychiatric disorders, an Oxford English Dictionary, and The Celestine Prophecy. The Celestine Prophecy is a wonderfully insightful book. As tired as I get, it’s really enriching, showing a dimension of life one isn’t ordinarily in touch with. People think I’m reading about crime. I don’t read crime novels. I’m also reading books on maintaining scuba-diving equipment for a novel I’m writing, as well as Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. She’s a masterful, beautiful writer. I have a copy of that book in every place I live. I also like Tom Wolfe and Pat Conroy, [and] there’s a wonderful textbook about forensics, Criminalistics. When I’m writing, I don’t read anything. It’s only when I’m back in my extroverted manifestation that I get back to reading.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- USA's 'Mr. Robot' to premiere online May 27 via EW, iTunes, Amazon, among others
- Director Amy Berg talks about the need for more female directors
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Scarlett Johansson do?
- James Taylor debuts Boston Red Sox song
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Let's talk latest shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist
- Kim Kardashian’s book of selfies is in good company
- Lauryn Hill apologizes to Nigerian fans with awesome acoustic performance
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!