There’s nothing gaming aficionados like better than ”hidden” levels — areas that can be reached only by luck, skill, or perseverance. This latest Sonic sequel has hidden levels up the wazoo. Not only can costar Knuckles (a kind of anteater) climb to places his hedgehog pal can’t reach, but gamers can attach their old copies of Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 to the top of the cartridge and access levels in those games that didn’t even exist before. It’s a neat trick and one that saves Sonic and Knuckles from the sameness that’s begun to afflict the series. A-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing