There’s nothing gaming aficionados like better than ”hidden” levels — areas that can be reached only by luck, skill, or perseverance. This latest Sonic sequel has hidden levels up the wazoo. Not only can costar Knuckles (a kind of anteater) climb to places his hedgehog pal can’t reach, but gamers can attach their old copies of Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 to the top of the cartridge and access levels in those games that didn’t even exist before. It’s a neat trick and one that saves Sonic and Knuckles from the sameness that’s begun to afflict the series. A-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch read poetry at the reburial of King Richard III
- First look: Kelli Garner in 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe'
- Watch the teaser for Inglewood-gone-awry 'Dope'
- James Franco has a very uneasy conversation with Letterman about 'The Interview'
- HBO partners with Vice for daily newscast
- William Petersen of 'CSI' joins WGN's 'Manhattan'
- Watch an exclusive clip from Sunday's 'The Last Man on Earth'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!