There’s nothing gaming aficionados like better than ”hidden” levels — areas that can be reached only by luck, skill, or perseverance. This latest Sonic sequel has hidden levels up the wazoo. Not only can costar Knuckles (a kind of anteater) climb to places his hedgehog pal can’t reach, but gamers can attach their old copies of Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 to the top of the cartridge and access levels in those games that didn’t even exist before. It’s a neat trick and one that saves Sonic and Knuckles from the sameness that’s begun to afflict the series. A-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- 'Hairspray Live!' featured cameos from two former Tracys
- 'Arrow': New clues to Prometheus' identity revealed
- WATCH: Chinese 'Rogue One' trailer features 'spies, saboteurs, and assassins'
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot