There’s nothing gaming aficionados like better than ”hidden” levels — areas that can be reached only by luck, skill, or perseverance. This latest Sonic sequel has hidden levels up the wazoo. Not only can costar Knuckles (a kind of anteater) climb to places his hedgehog pal can’t reach, but gamers can attach their old copies of Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 to the top of the cartridge and access levels in those games that didn’t even exist before. It’s a neat trick and one that saves Sonic and Knuckles from the sameness that’s begun to afflict the series. A-
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!