Director Robert Wise’s first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it’s a Western film noir — but aside from a lot of night scenes with moody photography, the claim seems exaggerated. Blood on the Moon is a standard-issue horse opera notable for one well-staged barroom brawl between Mitchum and Robert Preston. Still, it’s nice to have it on laserdisc from an okay print, but be warned: Wise’s bonus and often boring commentary isn’t likely to remind you of Noel Coward. B
Blood On the MoonDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...Blood On the MoonWesternUnratedDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...1994-11-11Walter BrennanRobert PrestonWalter Brennan, Robert Preston
Genre: Western; Starring: Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Mitchum, Walter Brennan, Robert Preston; Director: Robert Wise; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Misty Copeland becomes American Ballet Theatre's first black female principle dancer
- See the 'Magic Mike XXL' trailer... as performed by hot dogs
- Amy Schumer says she would appear on 'The Bachelorette'
- Universal destroyed all of Amy Winehouse's unreleased demos
- Megan Hilty reveals if she'd join the full stage production of 'Bombshell'
- 'X-Files' creator Chris Carter picks 10 episodes to watch before the revival
- Journey drummer Deen Castronovo indicted with rape charge