Director Robert Wise’s first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it’s a Western film noir — but aside from a lot of night scenes with moody photography, the claim seems exaggerated. Blood on the Moon is a standard-issue horse opera notable for one well-staged barroom brawl between Mitchum and Robert Preston. Still, it’s nice to have it on laserdisc from an okay print, but be warned: Wise’s bonus and often boring commentary isn’t likely to remind you of Noel Coward. B
Blood On the MoonDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...Blood On the MoonWesternUnratedDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...1994-11-11Walter BrennanRobert PrestonWalter Brennan, Robert Preston
Genre: Western; Starring: Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Mitchum, Walter Brennan, Robert Preston; Director: Robert Wise; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supergirl' promo asks a very important question
- Gilmore Guys to bring 'The Stars Hollow Countdown Show' to EW PopFest
- WATCH: Rob Lowe is 'rogue' with Marcia Gay Harden on 'Code Black'
- 'Jackie' set for U.S. premiere at the New York Film Festival
- Eve Plumb (yes, that Eve Plumb!) joins 'The Path' for season 2
- 'Scream Queens' clip: See Lea Michele's Hester go full Hannibal Lecter
- JoJo, Daya, more encourage first-time voters to lose their 'V-cards'