Director Robert Wise’s first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it’s a Western film noir — but aside from a lot of night scenes with moody photography, the claim seems exaggerated. Blood on the Moon is a standard-issue horse opera notable for one well-staged barroom brawl between Mitchum and Robert Preston. Still, it’s nice to have it on laserdisc from an okay print, but be warned: Wise’s bonus and often boring commentary isn’t likely to remind you of Noel Coward. B
Blood On the MoonDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...Blood On the MoonWesternUnratedDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...1994-11-11Walter BrennanRobert PrestonWalter Brennan, Robert Preston
Genre: Western; Starring: Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Mitchum, Walter Brennan, Robert Preston; Director: Robert Wise; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade