Director Robert Wise’s first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it’s a Western film noir — but aside from a lot of night scenes with moody photography, the claim seems exaggerated. Blood on the Moon is a standard-issue horse opera notable for one well-staged barroom brawl between Mitchum and Robert Preston. Still, it’s nice to have it on laserdisc from an okay print, but be warned: Wise’s bonus and often boring commentary isn’t likely to remind you of Noel Coward. B
Blood On the MoonDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...Blood On the MoonWesternUnratedDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...1994-11-11Walter BrennanRobert PrestonWalter Brennan, Robert Preston
Genre: Western; Starring: Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Mitchum, Walter Brennan, Robert Preston; Director: Robert Wise; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!