Director Robert Wise’s first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it’s a Western film noir — but aside from a lot of night scenes with moody photography, the claim seems exaggerated. Blood on the Moon is a standard-issue horse opera notable for one well-staged barroom brawl between Mitchum and Robert Preston. Still, it’s nice to have it on laserdisc from an okay print, but be warned: Wise’s bonus and often boring commentary isn’t likely to remind you of Noel Coward. B
Blood On the MoonDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...Blood On the MoonWesternUnratedDirector Robert Wise's first big-budget picture has acquired a cult reputation as a genre hybrid — it's a Western film noir — but aside from...1994-11-11Walter BrennanRobert PrestonWalter Brennan, Robert Preston
Genre: Western; Starring: Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Mitchum, Walter Brennan, Robert Preston; Director: Robert Wise; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!